What are some cool facts about Diwali
How do you actually celebrate Christmas in India?
Christmas customs in India
“Do people in India also celebrate Christmas?” Leo wants to know. "Yes, with us that means'Bada din'And means' the big day' ", Lalita answers. Only about 2.3 percent of the total Indian population are Christians. But that alone is 28 million people! Therefore, Christmas is an official holiday in India.
"Are you also decorating a Christmas tree there?" Leo asks curiously. Lalita's family visits their grandparents in India every Christmas. “Yes, but my grandparents don't decorate a fir tree, they decorate a mango tree or a banana tree. And they hang colorful fairy lights on the outside of the house, ”Lalita replies.
On December 24th, Christmas will be heralded in India with a midnight mass. Then people wish a Merry Christmas. "The whole family gathers for dinner on Christmas Day," explains Lalita. "We then sit outside at a large table." That works because India is warm all year round. To eat there is mostly curry rice, vegetables and meat dishes.
“And in the evening we make a big campfire. I always look forward to it the most! ”Says Lalita with a laugh. “My grandma gives my grandpa the same present every year: a lemon.” In India, the lemon is given to the head of the family as a token of admiration.
The festival of lights
“Most Indians don't celebrate Christmas because they are Hindus. Instead, they celebrate the Festival of Lights in November, ”Lalita continues. "Hinduism is an Indian religion in which people believe in rebirth and an eternally living soul."
The festival of lights is called "Diwali" and lasts four days. Small oil lamps and candles are placed in the windows and on the roofs everywhere. With this, the people show the goddess of happiness the way to their homes. According to an old legend, brings the goddess Lakshmi happiness only to the people who have adorned their houses with lights. That is why many Indians buy an extra lottery ticket that day. After all, luck beckons them! The other days are entirely dedicated to the family. You eat together and the children get presents.
- Books are important every time
- What is the Masala Dahi Recipe
- What is the smarter contract management software
- Is Disney better than other streaming services
- What is the hidden truth of content marketing
- Are there space startups in Singapore
- What is software What is a website
- How secure is Apple 1
- How can I restart the Opsware agent
- Is chocolate good for weight loss
- What is the most popular opinion
- Why don't people pick up their trash?
- Which company offers MCX free tips
- What does a boy really want
- SIM cards are getting smaller and smaller
- How widespread is anti-intellectualism in Europe
- Can you help me with diabetes
- How do I promote my Indiegogo page
- What are some of the advantages of Google's BigTable
- Protect trust funds from bankruptcy
- Biology Why are plants plants
- How do i have sex
- Uses R Python
- How are television commercials bought in India
- What is mechanical and electrical stress
- When was the marriage established?
- What is the correct procedure for meditation
- Is it necessary to have personalized golf balls
- Killed Marvel Odin
- Any help about travel destinations through volunteering
- What is NAVTEX from a maritime perspective
- How good are myoelectric prosthetics
- What does a narcissist do when he's depressed?