Why is health insurance underestimated in India
India: The uterus has to go
It is one of rural India's best kept secrets, the myth of an evil in women's bodies that is supposed to be better removed: the uterus.
While a so-called hysterectomy is performed on an average of 2 out of 1,000 women in the west, in the whole of India it is 17 out of 1,000, in the western state of Maharashtra, the "Sugar Belt", even up to 350 out of 1,000 women: women are particularly affected the bottom box that cuts sugar cane - every year a good 750,000 women workers migrate to the fields of the sugar barons to harvest after the monsoons.
Many of these women have already given birth to several children, and for many menstruation is a burden from the hard work of cutting, bundling and loading the sugar cane over 12 hours a day in high heat. Unscrupulous doctors from private clinics quickly convince them of the necessity of the operation; they obviously do not explain the risks and side effects to their patients. As a rule, hysterectomies are not medically necessary. The women pay 250 to 500 euros for this, deducted from their starvation wages, because they do not have health insurance. They hardly have any time to recover after the operation. Most of them have to return to the sugar cane fields far too early to pay off their debts.
- Which city is now near Pompeii
- What do you know about vampire
- It was worth a level
- All MacBook chargers are the same
- What is required for a strong relationship
- How is Sanskrit related to computer languages?
- What does Hehe XD
- Jon Snow was a good Lord Commander
- Take advantage of HubSpot marketing automation
- Does Sahasrara influence our daily life
- What is a hexadecimal decoder
- How to say should in Spanish
- Killed Marvel Odin
- What are the fastest growing research companies
- Why is Hinata called Hinata
- Can people fall in love over time
- Why are albinos so sensitive to light
- How do mice survive Waldbraende?
- What is the twitter tweet font
- What is a banquet
- Why is higher education a competitive effort
- Which drinks help with mental health
- What are some nicknames for Madeline
- Why does everything deteriorate over time