How does Google's GPS work
Google Maps not working: Solve problems with the Maps app
You just want to plan your next route, but suddenly Google Maps doesn't work anymore? Don't worry: in most cases you can solve the problem yourself. In our guide you will find out how to solve problems with the map service on smartphones and computers.
When Google Maps stops working on Android
If you have problems with Google Maps on your Android phone, you should first check whether you have the latest version of the app installed. To do this, go to the Google Play Store and look under “My apps and games” to see if an update is available. If so, install it. Then restart your smartphone and then try whether Google Maps works again.
Make sure that GPS is turned on on your smartphone. Otherwise the service will not work properly. Google Maps also offers offline navigation, but you have to download the appropriate maps to your mobile phone beforehand.
If you use Google Maps via a mobile data connection, be aware that loading times can take longer. If possible, use the map service via a WiFi connection.
It may also help to clear the Google Maps app's data and cache. How to do this is explained here using the example of the Galaxy S10. Otherwise, uninstall the application and download it again from the Google Play Store.
Google Maps not working on iOS: possible solutions
Google Maps not working on the iPhone? Then you should try the following solutions:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app. Otherwise, download and install them from the App Store.
- Make sure GPS is turned on.
- Test Google Maps over a WiFi connection to avoid longer loading times.
- Delete app data such as cookies and cache: after opening Google Maps, tap on the circle with your photo or the first letter of your name in the top right corner. Call up the settings (gear symbol) and tap under “Info, data protection & conditions” on the option “Delete app data”.
- Uninstall Google Maps from the iPhone and then download the app again from the App Store.
Clear app data such as cache and cookies and then test Google Maps again.
You can do that when Google Maps goes on strike on your computer
The map service doesn't work on the PC or Mac? Then you can do the following: Make sure that your internet connection is stable, for example by opening another website in your browser. If that works, check to see if browser extensions might be blocking Google Maps by temporarily turning them off. In Google Chrome, click on the three-point symbol in the top right corner and switch to the “Extensions” area via “Additional tools”. There you can deactivate all add-ons using the slider.
Maybe you just have too many tabs open in your browser and that's why Google Maps doesn't load properly. Also check the browser settings to see if an update is available.
Otherwise clean up the browser by deleting the cache and cookies:
Then restart the browser and open Google Maps to test the service again. If the problems persist, the best thing to do is to contact Google support directly.
The short version: When Google Maps doesn't work
- Are there any problems with Google Maps on your smartphone: Make sure the app is up to date.
- Restart your mobile phone and then test whether the map service is working again.
- Delete the cache of the Google Maps app: On Android this is done via "Settings | Apps | Google Maps". On iOS you can remove the app data directly via the settings of the Google Maps app.
- Otherwise, uninstall the application and download it again from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- If Google Maps does not work on your computer: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Deactivate all browser extensions and delete cookies and cache.
- Contact Google support, maybe customer service can help you.
Have you been able to solve your Google Maps problems? Share your experience with the community by leaving us a comment below this article.
- Why is someone abusing an opioid
- Is Murr from Impractical Jokers gay
- How popular is amateur radio in India
- What is MCP
- What is divergence in math
- How did Italian Renaissance artists revolutionize art?
- What is the best measure of karma
- What a leader Elon Musk is
- Have you used All on 4
- What is the best i9 processor
- What are some characteristics of existentialism
- What is 200 200 200 1
- What is the chemical composition of trichlorofluoromethane
- How important is Julius Caesar
- Which zodiac signs does Libra collide with?
- Eczema can lead to depression
- What is a veteran
- What is the method for studying physics
- What is the largest US battleship
- Is the preparation gap important in UPSC interviews?
- Why does your school offer JROTC
- 4410 is a good rank in CUSAT
- Hell is better than KIIT University
- Muni SF transport system 1
- Are roses your favorite flower
- Are strawberries a pizza topping
- Which animals do you think are cute?
- Is anger a sign of stress?
- What is good for motivation
- How do I create a website design
- What are textile engineering courses
- What are recommended books in EQ management
- What's so good about horror movies
- Are you confident or shy?