Which is better Moodle or Olat
Learning platform - in progress -
(Article in the online administration lexicon olev.de, Version 1.1)
also: Learning Management System (), a program package that is used to provide learning content, organize teaching and learning, examinations and communication. The range of functions now also includes a wiki in popular programs that are available free of charge and opens up the potential of Web 2.0, i. H. The learning platform is interactive, enables students and teachers to work together, to exchange ideas and to organize the content and, in some cases, the structures themselves, such as with "social media" (wikis, forums, Facebook etc.)
2.1 State of development
2.1.1 Open Source
"Open Source", ie programs available free of charge such as Ilias, Moodle (e.g. used by the Fernuniversität Hagen), OLAT and Dokeos, are widespread in the area of universities, without claiming to be complete (see the current list on Wikipedia). Ilias was largely developed in Germany by the University of Cologne; there is now a global user community. Moodle is also widespread worldwide, the concept is aimed at the learners' own activities and intuitive usability. Dokeos is characterized by good instructions for the design of learning processes and through pre-structured modules for learning offers. OLAT, developed and maintained by the University of Zurich, was named the best learning platform by the IMS Global Learning Consortium in 2009.
Other offers: Sakai (Sakai, aimed at Universities,), dotLRN (.LRN), Iliad or ATutor, Claroline
2.1.2 Commercial Offers
There are also commercial learning platforms, especially Blackboard, and the complete solution based on Microsoft products could also be interesting because it uses the familiar programs:
2.2 Choosing a learning platform
When selecting a learning platform, attention should not only be paid to the "technically" available functions, but also to intuitive operation for both teachers and learners. The use of the components should convey a sense of achievement, especially for the learners. This requirement is z. B. often neglected for the test component: the learner must be able to provide immediate feedback on every answer, which occurs automatically after input, if possible with additional information, e.g. B. in the case of incorrect answers, as implemented by http://www.abfrager.de/seiten/projekt.php.
Information that can assist in the selection and management of LMS is available from, among others
- Do you like VAR in football
- What does the Czech Republic do better than Germany
- What is advice from startup experts
- How fast your wounds heal
- Why isn't my phone charging?
- Where do steroids come from
- How did Netaji die
- What is a brief description of network cabling
- May cause temporomandibular joint breathing problems
- Is it worth buying i20
- How do I change my face shape
- Is Coco Cola harmful to your health
- Can beat Black Panther Superman
- Which brand of ski equipment is best
- What is the Fourier transform of it
- What is the full form of PAGASA
- How many cities does Poland have
- What game did Pele play
- When was dressage riding invented?
- How far are aliens
- Why should you make a good employee
- Will Jat Maratha get a reservation?
- Why do people apply for personal loans
- Which functions are gained with followers