Henry VIII was good with money
Heinrich VIII .: ARTE documentary about the early years of the libertine
He had two wives beheaded and is considered one of the most feared rulers in Europe's history. How could Henry VIII become such a libertine? An ARTE documentary provides the answers.
He is considered one of the most famous and at the same time most feared rulers of England: King Henry VIII of Tudor was not exactly known as a loving husband and father during his life. The monarch married six women during his reign from 1509 to 1547. Two were divorced from him, two beheaded, and one died in childbed. Only his last wife, Catherine Parr, barely survived her cruel husband.
But how did a neglected royal second-born child become such a libertine? Why is he so different from his father, the thrifty King Henry VII of Tudor? And why were the Tudors sitting on the English throne at that time and not, as in previous years, the descendants of the House of York? In the ARTE documentary "Heinrich VIII." British historian Dr. Tracy Borman and other scientists get to the bottom of all these questions.
The 50-minute film with the subtitle "The Young Prince" deals primarily with the first few years of Henry VIII's life: he was born in 1491 as the second son of the then ruling monarch Henry VII of Tudor and his wife Elizabeth of York. His brother Arthur, who was five years older than him, received his father's full attention as the declared heir to the throne. The young Prince Heinrich, on the other hand, was raised to be a cleric by his mother and her half-brother Arthur von Plantagenet.
It was only when Arthur died unexpectedly in 1502 that Heinrich moved into the focus of his father. As the new heir to the throne, he should ensure the continued existence of the dubious Tudor dynasty. But until that happens, the young prince will be watched every step of the way by the men at court and tortured for his future position with boring preparations. The fact that their influence on the later monarchy of Henry VIII is often underestimated becomes particularly clear in the film by Henry Scott.
Source: teleschau - der mediendienst GmbH
- Why is selfishness offended?
- Why can't I get leads
- Why do American history books lie?
- Why is the earth still unexplored?
- Why do tortoiseshell cats hate other cats?
- How does an ecommerce website work
- How to join the Binance Exchange
- Is fishery management an art or a science?
- Offers MTNL 4G in Delhi NCR
- Russia tries to destabilize the EU
- Why is the degree symbol a circle
- Windows Phone has a future
- What is the worst hotel in Menorca
- How many genocides are currently taking place worldwide
- Lossless compression algorithms reduce entropy
- What is tyranny from the majority
- What do sponsors pay for podcasts
- Why would anyone sign up for Netflix?
- How are officers treated in prisoner-of-war camps
- What color are they
- How many genocide are currently taking place worldwide
- What is the Indian Army 1
- How are hanging and strangulation injuries treated
- What are the best thyroid adrenal supplements