Sewing is important for fashion design
What comes after the fashion design degree or the fashion design apprenticeship? Here we introduce you to professions from the fashion industry that have to do with design, tailoring and sewing - all professions that require manual or creative skills.
You can't just become a fashion designer - even if the concept alone makes it obvious. There are more professions in fashion design. For most of them you need appropriate training, for some a fashion degree can be promising.
We would like to introduce you to the following professions:
Accessories designers create bags, shoes, belts, glasses, scarves and other parts that make an outfit complete. They either act independently and sell their goods in their own shop or to fashion houses, or they act on behalf of a label and adapt their designs to the desired style.
Accessory designers come up with new designs and put them on paper or create drafts with suitable software and hardware directly on the computer. You design individual items or entire collections. In doing so, they pay attention to current trends, for example which colors or materials are currently popular. If the client likes the design, they make prototypes or have the accessories produced directly in large numbers. They accompany the entire production process, for example they check whether the quality of the workmanship and the material is right.
- Universities for a fashion design degree
- Provider of fashion design training
A clothing pattern maker works in production and creates patterns for items of clothing, whether on fabric or paper. They are also called recorders or cut recorders and are mainly employed by clothing manufacturers and in fashion studios. Here they are involved in the manufacturing process of all types of clothing (women's, men's and children's fashion as well as accessories) by preparing cuts for production. The work is usually carried out standing up and takes place alone, but in coordination with design and production.
One of the most important tasks for garment pattern makers is to pay particular attention to creating economical markers so that there is as little waste as possible.
In order to create patterns, garment pattern makers either cut layers of fabric by hand using paper templates and templates or use computer-aided cutting machines that they have programmed accordingly beforehand. In doing so, they strictly ensure that the material is used sparingly so as not to waste the large layers of fabric. So you have to do intersection calculations. After the cut, they check the quality of their work. Even if they carry out their actual manual work alone and work precisely with high concentration, they coordinate with their colleagues in connection with further processing.
- Training in textile technology in similar areas (e.g. fashion sewing or fashion tailors)
Not only fashion has to be designed, but also other textiles. Textile designers design fabrics, color and structure patterns, home textiles, seat cushions, awnings, work clothes and much more. You are mainly involved in textile production, but you are also self-employed.
Textile designers come up with a concept for a textile that usually starts on paper. Shape, pattern, color - everything is drawn until it corresponds to your own ideas. They then tailor a sample on selected fabrics and present it to the customer or the textile manager. When the product goes into production, textile designers are often involved in controlling the manufacturing processes, think about marketing strategies and calculate the costs.
- How can we say show in Japanese
- What is Charleston SC's most famous dish
- Are Indians rude in public
- How do I get CNC orders
- Should India help Pakistan reduce terrorism
- What is sports tape used for?
- Will the RBI now receive old notes
- What are the best online accounting programs
- How would a robot understand human emotions
- How to quickly thaw wonton wrappers
- Is Zendone a good app for GTD
- Can your phone get a virus?
- Why should I never visit Mali
- VERY old dogs have confusion
- What is a tornado-proof building
- What is the best beach in Nouakchott
- Is the cloud vulnerable to hackers?
- What's the best alternative to Project
- Why do women stay with unfriendly husbands?
- Which chemical can neutralize the spillage of sulfuric acid?
- How is parking in Kingston, NY
- What are the SEO activities in 2018
- What does Charlie Kaufman teach us
- What to do in Paris
- What is Scilab
- How is the balance important
- What are some meeting places in Kochi
- Khadi handloom clothing can be made cheaply
- How long does your machine last
- What do you think a chatbot does
- Do INFJs have an ego
- The real Mount Sinai has been found
- What is Artificial Viscosity