Why aren't sugar crystals bigger?
Who can grow crystals from salt?
Do you also want to grow salt crystals?
And this is how it is done:
1. Prepare the solution
More salt dissolves in hot water than in cold water. Therefore, first pour the water into a small saucepan and heat it on the stove. Caution: Only use the stove with an adult! When the water boils, remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully stir in the salt until it has completely dissolved. Now pour the cooled solution back into the glass. Ties the wool threads to the wooden skewer in the middle with a little space and hangs the threads into the glass. If you knot pearls at the end of the threads, they will hang straight in the water.
2. The salt becomes visible again
The salt has dissolved in the water - but it has not disappeared. A small test shows that the water tastes very salty. Because salt, like everything around us, consists of invisible small building blocks that are held together by forces of attraction. However, the water separates these particles from one another and thus dissolves the visible grains of salt. Tiny, invisible salt particles remain behind. But when the water gets cold and then evaporates, fewer and fewer salt building blocks fit into the solution.
Therefore, the salt particles reassemble and form new crystals. These grow until they can be seen on the thread and pearls after two to three days.
3. And the crystals keep growing
So when the water gradually evaporates, the dissolved salt particles remain behind. They attach themselves further and further to the already existing crystals and thereby form a solid formation.
By the way: while snowflakes are hexagonal or have six rays, salt crystals are made up of tiny cubes. And the slower the water cools down and evaporates, the larger the individual crystals become - but the longer the experiment takes. Finally, you can hang up the thread with the crystals to dry.
A little tip: if you add some food coloring to the water, colored crystals will grow.
- Where does the RMIT funding come from
- May people with depersonalization like music
- Miracles happen in nature
- What are some meeting places in Kochi
- Where do you buy rakhi gifts
- Does anything help in the treatment of migraines
- How could my podcast be improved?
- How do I download Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- Why don't music download apps work
- Do we really have to wear socks
- Who buys fresh ghost peppers
- Does anyone have problems raising stepchildren?
- Life revolves around work
- What is the most powerful stain remover
- How does Wechat Marketing work
- What is the main religion in China
- What was before the universe
- When is leather stronger?
- What's good about Montreal Quebec Canada
- Why does my MacBook Pro restart?
- Will donations receive taxable
- Who is Sister Nivedita
- Why doesn't my baby take a nap
- What values do we learn in school