Eyesight Eyesight Can I experience stereo blindness
Inferior and lack of binocular vision
Unilateral strabismus with stereoblindness and a lack of binocular vision can develop in childhood - especially in the first years of life - which often causes serious and irreplaceable damage to the visual acuity of an eye if ophthalmological therapy is not started in the first few years of life.
If the worst comes to the worst, one eye will remain practically blind for the rest of life due to cross-eyed vision, which is also known as amblyopia.
Amblyopia can arise when there are no disturbing double vision, but also, for example, in unilateral strabismus with stereo blindness and inferior binocular vision - that is, not only when binocular vision is absent, but also when binocular vision is present.
Inferior and lack of binocular vision
Amblyopia, which can occur, for example, with unilateral strabismus, occurs in humans only in a critical phase in childhood, especially in the first years of life.
In adult stereoblind persons who have had secondary strabismus since childhood without disturbing double vision, a distinction is made between a) the group of persons with constant binocular single vision and b) the group of persons without constant binocular single vision.
The presence of binocular single vision - that is, binocular vision or fusion - in the case of stereo-blind people is z. B. in the fitness regulations of the federal German driving license regulation (FeV) relevant (Kolling, G .: binocular vision and motility. In: B. Lachenmayr: Assessment in der Augenheilkunde. Springer, Heidelberg 2012, page 35, 37: library).
In the case of accompanying strabismus without disturbing double vision, the difference between stereo blindness with existing but inferior binocular vision and stereo blindness with missing binocular vision is small.
If only this difference is relevant for two people or for two findings, the environment is visually seen practically the same, as the following quote from Rudolf Sachsenweger shows.
"If the strabismus treatment is exhausted only in pleoptic and orthoptic measures, the cross-eyed child loses its externally visible eye position error, but it is visually only slightly improved compared to the previous state, provided that three-dimensional vision is not added:
Even after the treatment, without stereoscopy, it only sees binocularly as it saw monocularly before, only that both eyes now participate in the act of seeing.
Only the ability to use the senses to process the impressions that are perceived across the board into a sense of space can the advantage of binocular vision become effective. "
Sachsenweger, R .: Experimental and clinical investigations of the stereoscopic space. Barth, Leipzig 1958, page 131
|-||pleoptic means diagnosis and treatment of eye-eye blindness|
|- ||orthoptic means diagnosis and treatment of malocclusion and / or binocular vision|
- What's your rating of Free People
- Was there a god before humans evolved
- Who is Big Basket's biggest rival
- How fast are antimatter particles
- Which is the world class training institute
- Who is my account administrator
- There is a generic version of insulin
- Can a cop wear transition lenses
- Building websites with Wix is easy
- Why are there so many earthquakes every day
- What is a powertrain
- What is the best technology or technique
- How do you deal with a disturbing person
- Should I join XIMB?
- What is the SITC code
- What is the correctional officer's average salary
- Which means judged mentally ill
- How does a businessman think
- What does an arctic fox look like
- What does the Arabic word Nadd mean
- What is an energy level graph
- Why couldn't America win the Korean War?
- Has GST helped reduce black money
- What is GDP minus government revenue
- What is minimalist journaling
- How do you surf the dark net
- Are NGOs in the private sector
- What does Aiwa mean in Japanese
- Chester Bennington was an Illuminati
- Can you draw your passion
- Does Sahasrara influence our daily life
- Which CMS have a good uptime
- Which aspects of psychology are flawed
- Why are there no vignettes in paintings?