How do you solve this Chinese puzzle
Were you able to complete this homework assignment given to Chinese elementary school students? You can find out here whether you are really right with the result of the riddle.
Homework in elementary school should actually be manageable - or shouldn't it? In any case, this math problem is far from easy.
That was the homework of Chinese elementary school students
You remember? That was what was wanted Height of a tablewhich can only be determined from the distance between two cats. The task was shared by the "China Focus" Twitter channel. Allegedly it comes from the homework book of Chinese elementary school students:
#quiz Here is a math word problem from a Chinese elementary school student's homework. Have a try to figure it out! Leave your answer in the comment. pic.twitter.com/kOlydqNDQO- China Focus (@China__Focus) September 11, 2018
To get to the result of the riddle, there should be numerous possible solutions. However, one of them is as simple as it is impressive: Just put both cats on top of each other in your mind's eye. The distance between the tips of the ears of the upper and lower cat is exactly 260 cm (150 + 110 cm).
Now just move this distance down by a cat's length (after all, both cats are the same size above and below). So the distance corresponds to that from the floor to the upper edge of the table - i.e. exactly two table lengths. Then all you need is a small calculation:
2 tables = 260 cm
1 table = 260 cm / 2 = 130 cm
The correct solution is: 130 cm - answer C is correct!
Still not enough? Many more tricky math, picture and logic puzzles can be found here on our puzzles page.
More puzzles from our series:
Do you want to stay up to date with the latest career news? Then follow our industry page on the Xing career portal.
- Why do daemons do everything in 3s
- What can break a DAF crankshaft
- What is milk protein
- What is the Anat Baniel Method
- What inspired you in your love
- What are some famous batman dialogues
- What's wrong with Modi becoming a dictator?
- Why did Ello run away
- Why does my MacBook Pro restart?
- What should I do for time management
- Murder is defined in the Bible
- Do Atharvaveda mantras really work
- What's the latest about bitcoins
- How is an SQL injection carried out
- Killing cats spiders
- How can we find golden blood
- What is a One Ring Phone Scam
- Who are the tallest Kubernetes users
- How are you tired of feeling
- How should I contact my birth father
- Ukraine is banned from USMLE
- What makes Costco pork belly likable
- What are reboot
- There are active competitions