David Bowie had a funeral
David Bowie († 69) No funeral service! Quiet and secret farewell
It was THE shock news of the very young year 2016: On Monday (January 11th) it was announced that David Bowie died shortly after his birthday at the age of 69. He had fought pancreatic cancer for eighteen months - in vain. But no matter how loud, shrill and conspicuous the exceptional artist was, he wished his farewell quietly.
Bowie, who did not share a lot of private matters with the public during his lifetime, had already discussed with his wife Iman (60) in advance how he would like his "exit". Accordingly, he is said to have been cremated shortly after his death on Sunday (January 10) in New York, as reported by the Daily Mirror, citing an insider. Neither family nor friends were present.
And there should be no funeral or even a public memorial service: “Nothing will take place. In many ways you don't need a ceremony to remember David ... you have your music for that. He just wanted to disappear, without a fuss, no big show, no fanfare. That would be his style, ”the source said.
Instead, the last album "Blackstar" (released on January 8th) should be understood as a farewell. In the song "Lazarus" Bowie sings about death - and with it he wrote his own requiem, so to speak. Nevertheless, there are commemorative events all over the world where countless fans come together to say goodbye to their idol.
Read here: David Bowie († 69) So is his widow Iman!
In the video: David Bowie - He really was that sick
- What makes marsupials so special
- What is a common bile duct cyst
- How much does GTA 5 cost online
- What is the camera screen
- Why is it all a question of race gender
- Steven Weinberg is the best physicist living
- What is Nutella
- What are the culture-related words
- Simulations with recursion are possible
- How did you come to be a Muslim
- Anyone interested in a Quora meeting in Budapest
- Can the destruction in Syria be stopped?
- Why should I avoid mutual funds
- What's the best song ever written
- Can diabetics eat taiyaki?
- Fox News bends the truth 1
- Can ibuprofen be combined with cyclobenzaprine
- What energy does the plant release
- Why are people so selfish about death
- What is the state tax for Idaho
- Is a software job stressful
- Can Ebola blow up 1
- Is Reliance Jio postpaid better than prepaid
- How do you fake a heart attack