Which stream should I take after 10
This is how streaming works on Twitch
In this article we will show you how you can stream on Twitch yourself using the Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), Streamlabs OBS and XSplit Gamecaster.
Since its inception in 2011, Twitch has offered players a way to showcase their talents to a live audience. Today the website has over 15 million daily users and over 2 million active content creators, i.e. streamers.
Live streaming gameplay has become more and more popular in recent years, and eSports is also gaining momentum. It can therefore be assumed that game streaming services such as Twitch, YouTube gaming and Facebook gaming will continue to grow.
Whereby Twitch has a kind of monopoly. Microsoft recently experienced this with its own Mixer platform. Even the exclusive deals with streamer giants such as Ninja or Shroud did not hold a candle to the market power of Twitch - Microsoft pulled the plug on the Mixer platform on July 22, 2020.
But how do you become a Twitch streamer? Any eager gamer who thought he would be able to get started right away after a quick registration and generate millions of followers quickly realizes: The whole thing is not that easy. In this article we will show you how to become a streamer on Twitch with the basics of OBS, Streamlabs OBS and XSplit Gamecaster.
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
One of the most popular ways to stream over Twitch is by using Open Broadcaster (OBS) software, which is free to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
While the software once looked like a program for Windows 98, it has since been significantly redesigned to provide a fairly in-depth streaming experience, although it is nowhere near as user-friendly as XSplit or Streamlabs OBS.
At OBS, the auto-configuration process guides you through the setting process. We will examine the manual process in the following section.
Configure the Twitch stream
Right click on OBS and, if you are using Windows, run the program as an administrator. This is necessary when using the game capture software on the PC.
click on File> Preferences and select the Stream tab on the left.
Select Twitch from the Streaming Services drop-down list.
Select in your channel settings Primary stream key> show and agree to the instructions on the screen.
Copy and paste the stream key into the Stream Key field in OBS, then click Apply.
Set up the broadcast layout
Once you've configured your Twitch stream, it's time to start thinking about the aesthetics of your stream. Would you like to include graphics? Would you like to add a picture-in-picture mode that shows your webcam and your reactions to the game? There are many options available to you. So you should think about what your stream should look like in advance.
In OBS, click the Plus in the Sources field and choose here as a source Game recording.
Choose Create new and click OK.
Select in the mode menu Capture a specific window and choose your game from the window menu. Depending on the game, it may need to be running in the background before OBS can detect it.
Go through all the settings and enable / disable any options to your liking and click OK to save the settings.
If you want to involve other sources, you can too. To do this, right-click on the field swell and add all the other elements, from webcam live streams to monitor recording to simple texts and images.
Once you have added all the sources, you can still do the layout. Select the source you want to rearrange / enlarge from the Sources menu and drag and drop the source into the preview window. You can resize it by dragging the circular icons in each corner, or just move them from one area of the screen to another - it's entirely up to you.
Go live on Twitch
Once you are happy with the layout of your live stream and have successfully configured OBS for streaming via Twitch, click in the last step Start stream in OBS . They are now live and the fun starts!
Streamlabs OBS is another free program for Twitch streamers and offers a little more for aspiring streamers. In fact, Streamlabs OBS offers features not offered by paid options like XSplit Gamecaster, making it one of the best options for broadcasting on Twitch.
- Who is my account administrator
- Can a web save an airplane
- Are large Japanese companies essentially state-owned
- Why do American cars lose their value so quickly?
- Panic disorder is dangerous
- Christophe Lemaitre is the last white sprinter
- Gives FIITJEE coaching for repeaters
- Is a software job stressful
- What are not examples of species
- How do England marry girls
- In which programming language is Wikipedia made
- What is Dehradun famous for
- Diagnose problems with the cruise control in my car
- How much moonshine can I legally earn
- Which is the best web development company
- Lossless compression algorithms reduce entropy
- Who is the richest person in Alaska
- Website creation is too difficult
- How do plants fight germs
- What counts as Westlife's signature song
- What is the regime theory
- Are decimal places real numbers
- What is Joe Biden's Voting Report
- How do I become more human
- Are there similarities between breathing and thinking
- Why do we slander teenagers and tweens
- What role did Amrish Puri forever
- What defines someone as an amateur historian
- What does it mean to be twins
- Can I make money on Netflix?
- How do I build a successful restaurant
- ADHD qualifies for IEP
- What are the areas of BSC radiology
- Who does Facebook and how