What is an ion equation
During the reaction of an acid (pH <7) with a base (lye) (pH> 7) the temperature of the solution increases noticeably.
The reaction takes place in aqueous solution between the OH-Ions of the base and the H+-Ions of acid instead. According to the following reaction scheme, water (pH = 7) and a salt are formed. The solution is therefore neutral (hence the name: neutralization reaction).
Acid + lye -> water + salt
Word equation: Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide solution -> water + table salt
Reaction equation: HCl + NaOH -> H2O + NaCl
Ion equation: (H+ + Cl-) + (Na+ + OH-) -> H2O + (Na+ + Cl-)
Since the Na+Ions and the Cl--Ions are unchanged after the reaction, the ion equation can be written as follows:
H+ + OH- -> H2O
This simplified notation only describes the neutralization of the acid and the base and not the formation of the salt.
comment: If you use hydrochloric acid and caustic soda, water and common salt are produced. The use of other acids or alkalis generally results not e able Salts.
Danger: A lot of heat is released during the neutralization reaction. This can cause dangerous splashes. It is essential to wear protective goggles!
- What are the goals of the East African communities
- How do you see a sale
- What about Python with network programming
- What's going on in your basement
- Why Uranus is called Uranus
- Is that a women's world
- Why do some dogs have their ears cut off?
- What is the best tasting insect
- You can take a profit without selling
- What is the British squire
- How do you use your company network
- What are upcoming web development trends
- Will replace smart speakers like Alexa teachers
- Which country starts the earliest
- What is training data
- Who is designed the flag of the United Arab Emirates
- Which book is best for new investors
- Many Java engineers use Java frameworks
- How is Kota
- How important is a bachelor's degree
- How do you define people to understand wisdom
- How do you successfully carry out multiple projects
- You can wash the bottom with vinegar
- How is memory affected by psychopathy?
- What are pitch investors asking for
- Which data communication protocol do drones use
- How does a business development manager talk?
- Is cardiovascular fitness aerobic or why anaerobic
- How much does a new oven cost
- Which is better Ghost or WordPress
- Why are stamps needed to send emails
- What is folding
- How did you learn to love