Why is the result undefined
Division by 0
If you divide zero by any number, you always get zero. However, if you try to divide by zero, you will get messages like 'NaN', 'nDef' or simply 'not defined', depending on the calculator. But why?
You can easily imagine this with a cookie: if there is nothing left, it can no longer be shared. Division by zero, however, is more complicated. So let's look at what happens when we divide our cookie into smaller and smaller pieces, that is, we keep getting closer and closer to zero.
You can see that the closer we get to dividing by zero, the greater the result of the division. But what does this mean for dividing by zero?
As we know, division is closely related to multiplication. If I divide 1 by 2 I get 0.5. If I take 0.5 times 2, I get 1. Division and multiplication are again inverse operations, they basically have the opposite effect. The only problem is, if dividing by zero were theoretically possible and I took the result again from 0, I would get 0 again and again.
The limit for dividing by 0 then looks like this:
This also confirms that dividing by 0 is not possible. The closer we get to zero, the larger the quotient becomes. Infinity ∞ is not a number. If we were to divide by 0 and we got infinity as the result, we couldn't multiply the whole thing back to the starting value.
- What is a diopter in underwater photography
- Why is middleware important
- Basic training showers are awkward
- How has privatization affected the UK?
- What was the first plane
- Why was Hermione reaching for Harry's wand
- Would I ever get any money from YouTube?
- Is Gullidanda a proper name
- Why is the government against charter schools
- Why is UnColleges tuition so high
- How do I fix the laptop's dead battery
- What is Donald Trump's most surreal moment
- Fix iPhone 6 won't turn on
- Why do you hate urban India
- Who is Caitlyn Jenners dating
- How can you splice coaxial cables
- Why do I have an intimacy problem
- What is the spiciest sweetness
- What are the PMP certification dumps
- What are the principles of functional medicine
- Is a fish wet when it is underwater?
- What is the universal symbol for hate
- How could Germany get Prussia back?
- Can we improve the longevity of health
- Can CO2 be converted into methane
- How do I validate a cell phone number
- Is there air conditioning in the IIT Hyderabad Hostel
- How safe is Rajkot Gujarat for travelers
- Is it okay to hate your stepdad?
- Who recognizes the Sabbath
- Does UBC offer an interaction design program
- What is the significance of James Madison
- Why is allotropy
- Does genetics affect personality