Why can't Ahmedabad be renamed to Karnavati?
Ahmedabad is located on the Sabarmati River in western India, about 50 km from the mouth of the Sabarmati into the Gulf of Khmabhat. About 5.6 million people live here, making Ahmedabad the largest city in the state of Gujarat and the fifth largest city in India. All of this with a size of around 465 km², which means a population density of around 12,000 inhabitants per square kilometer (as of 2011). For comparison: Hamburg has a population density of 2401 inhabitants per km². In the census ten years earlier, Ahmedabad only had 3.6 million inhabitants, which Ahmedabad says Forbes Makes 2011 the fastest growing city in India and the third fastest growing city in Asia. Which, however, could not be understood by all experts.
According to legend, Ahmedabad was founded in 1411 by Sultan Ahmed. He rested on the river bank with his entourage and saw a hare chasing a dog. Impressed by the rabbit's courage, he decided to found a city here (Ahmedabad = the city of Ahmed). According to archaeological studies, the first settlement existed as early as the 11th century. However, the city was initially called Karnavati and was then probably renamed by Sultan Ahmed. In the following time, the relationships of rule and power distribution changed again and again, which sometimes had a positive effect on the city, sometimes less. Since the 19th century, Ahmedabad has gained more and more importance as an important center for textile production, which has earned the city the nickname “Manchester of the East”. In 1915 Gandhi settled in Ahmedabad and founded an ashram. He stayed there for 25 years, but then left for a march to the coast, in which he protested a tax levied on salt by the British. Before leaving Ahmedabad, he vowed not to come back until India is independent. As a result, Gandhi never returned to Ahmedabad. After independence, Ahmedabad was the capital of Gujarat from 1960-1970.
Ahmedabad can be easily divided into west and east, divided by the Sabarmati. The old core of the city lies in the east, the west has largely only emerged in the last 50 years. I live here too, in the Vastrapur district.
- Where do people buy 3D helicopters
- Tennis elbow can get worse
- Prefer to write text than speak
- What's the best Post Malone song
- What is the future of the Irish military
- What brand and model are these sunglasses
- Agree to imperialism
- What is your most famous Latin proverb
- How does virtualenv work internally
- Why should we talk to others
- Is DVD black
- Should Russia release Chechnya
- How do conflicts affect relationships?
- Italics are used where and why
- What is an image editing program
- Do cats or dogs get dementia?
- Shrinks cotton yarn
- What is causing my ankle pain
- How many women have Asperger's
- Which banks offer maximum financing
- What is a Baldwin Acrosonic Piano
- Why does self-irony feel so good
- What do lizards eat