What is a distributed cache service in SharePoint
Distributed cache service is not enabled in this deployment (SharePoint Server)
- 2 minutes to read
APPLIES TO: 2013 2016 2019 Microsoft 365APPLIES TO:2013 2016 2019 SharePoint in Microsoft 365
Rule name: The distributed caching service is not enabled in this deployment.Rule name: Distributed cache service is not enabled in this deployment.
Summary: The distributed caching service has started on all servers running SharePoint Products during installation. However, an administrator who performs maintenance tasks and operational processes may need to start and stop the distributed caching service. This event occurs when the distributed cache service is stopped.Summary: The Distributed Cache service is started on all servers that run SharePoint products at installation time. However, an administrator that performs maintenance and operational tasks might need to start and stop the Distributed Cache service. This event occurs when the Distributed Cache service is stopped.
Root cause: The distributed caching service is not enabled on this server.Cause: The Distributed Cache service is disabled on this server.
Solution: Enable the distributed caching service using Microsoft PowerShell.Resolution: Enable the Distributed Cache service by using Microsoft PowerShell.
- Verify that you have the following memberships:
Fixed server role securityadmin on the SQL Server instance.securityadmin fixed server role on the SQL Server instance.
Fixed database role db_owner on all databases to be updated.db_owner Fixed database role on all databases that are to be updated.
Administrators group on the server on which you are running the PowerShell cmdlets.
Farm Administrators group.
With the cmdlet Add-SPShellAdmin An administrator can use the Add-SPShellAdmin cmdlet to grant permissions to use SharePoint Server cmdlets.
If you do not have permissions, contact your setup administrator or SQL Server administrator to request the permissions. For more information about PowerShell permissions, see Add-SPShellAdmin. If you do not have permissions, contact your Setup administrator or SQL Server administrator to request permissions. For additional information about PowerShell permissions, see Add-SPShellAdmin.
Start the SharePoint Management Shell.
On the server on which you want to enable the Distributed Cache service, run the following command:
Make sure the distributed cache service is started. To do this, click on the SharePoint Central Administration website Application management. Click in the area Service applications on Manage services on the server. Check on the side Services on the serverWhether the distributed caching service is listed and its status Started Verify that the Distributed Cache service is started. To do this, in the SharePoint Central Administration website, click Application management. In the Service Applications section, click Manage services on server. On the Services on server page, make sure that the Distributed Cache service is listed, and the status is Started.
See alsoSee also
Manage the Distributed Cache service in SharePoint Server
Plan for feeds and the Distributed Cache service in SharePoint Server
Planning and using the Distributed Cache service
- Which authors use metaphors
- How are dragons represented in your culture
- Is sleep a form of meditation
- What was Sun Microsystems' original business model
- Can you still buy people
- Why isn't the BIOS updated automatically?
- What is a correspondence record
- Why is Miley Cyrus so hated
- What can you do with 1000 PCs
- Why do some Christians condescend?
- Why did Sarah Vaughan die
- What exercises do people usually do wrong?
- WeWork is a sustainable business model in general
- What AI is better than Siri
- How did the Iranians become Muslims?
- What are the best online accounting programs
- All companies are currently working
- Smart collars for dogs are worth it
- Where and when does the ESR rise rapidly
- What is meant by shear strength
- Who is Grant Morrison
- What is 8x8 8 8
- Macrophobia is the fear of what
- In which programming language is Wikipedia made