What are the best information technology books
6 great books on computer science
From Python to Precht
Solid specialist knowledge is required in information technology (IT). Nobody can rely on their school knowledge being valid for all time. Further training with the help of good specialist books is the basis for professional success. But which trends shouldn't be missed? We have collected five IT books for you that you should take a look at.
1. Visualize This! - Visualizations of large amounts of data
In the chapters, examples and tutorials are grouped by data type. You will be guided through the process of data exploration and analysis and shown how to create and publish impressive visuals. The book is suitable as a reference for your future visualization projects.
Wiley-VCH, 1st edition (December 12, 2012), paperback, 422 pages, 29.95 euros
2. UX strategy - how to develop innovative digital products
The UX strategy lies at the interface of UX design and business strategy. This is an action plan that can be used to determine whether a product's user experience is in line with business goals. UX design is used to create an understanding between designers and the goals of the business, product, or feature. More specifically, it is a document with guidelines and rules that describe how the design team intends to achieve the organizational or product goals. Every part of the strategy should be researched, reviewed and approved by relevant stakeholders.
However, executing (and creating) a UX strategy depends on a number of factors. The book discusses these factors, explains the 4 principles of Levy's UX strategy and finally creates a case study on the successful application of the UX strategy.
UX Strategy: How to Motto Innovative Digital Products That People Want
O'Reilly Vlg. GmbH & Co. (June 30, 2015), 312 pages, English, paperback, 26.46 euros.
3. Smart data strategies
In contrast to big data, smart data (intelligent data) refer to smaller amounts of data with valuable and actionable information. So when big data is more about volume, speed, and diversity, smart data is more focused on creating value, meaning, and accuracy (truthfulness) for a specific purpose or result.
Smart data is therefore easier to implement than big data and thus helps a business function to gain important insights or to make important decisions. When placed correctly, intelligent data can be used instantly in real time for some kind of decision-making process. Using numerous examples, the authors show how common sense should deal with data as a raw material.
Smart data: data strategies that customers really want and companies really use
Björn Bloching, Lars Luck, Thomas Ramge
Redline Verlag (March 9, 2015), 256 pages, paperback, 24.99 euros.
4. Python 3 for beginners
Python 3 for Beginners is a book covering all major areas of the Python language. It contains an excellent introduction to the technique of object-oriented programming, which is often used in everyday professional life. The creation of graphical interfaces is also an important focus in this book.
The book has a practical approach and contains numerous exercises in which what you have learned can be immediately applied. The author has made a good introduction to the Python programming language.
Python: 3 Programming for Beginners: The Easy Way to Become a Python Expert
Independently published (November 3, 2018), 258 pages, paperback 13.90 euros.
5. Program the LEGO EV3 robot
Artificial intelligence and robotics will definitely be in demand in the near future. If you are interested in this technique, this is a great choice to focus on.
In this book you will learn how you can build and program robots with the help of motors, components and sensors. This book is very practical and fascinating for those interested in learning the basics of programming robots. It is very user-friendly and easy to read. However, you need the Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot kit for this.
Beginners and advanced learners learn how to build unique robots step-by-step and how to write the associated programs. Clear, well-thought-out instructions make this book easier to use.
LEGO EV3 robots: Build and program with LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
dpunkt.verlag GmbH; Edition: 1st edition (November 17, 2014), paperback, 27.90 euros.
6. Hunters, Shepherds, Critics: A utopia for the digital society
The last book is less practically oriented, but more suitable for those who are also interested in the topic of digitization from a philosophical and social perspective.
Digitization means a change, both for the world of work, for the individual, and for society as a whole. It is therefore likely that this upheaval will massively change the way we live together. The outcome of this development cannot yet be foreseen.
The well-known German philosopher Richard David Precht deals in this work with the consequences of digitization for people and society. He indicates in which directions it can go: He first describes a dystopia and then a utopia of society in a few decades and shows what must be done so that this upheaval has a positive outcome for people.
Hunters, shepherds, critics: a utopia for the digital society
Richard David Precht
Goldmann Verlag; Edition: Original edition (April 23, 2018), 20 euros
The world of computer science is a world in which there is a lot to learn. If you are planning or wanting to expand your professional career, reading the right books is a good way to go. Even if some books are a bit older, they contain fundamental aspects and theories of certain subject areas and are very suitable as learning material.
- Can you describe America in one picture?
- Which algorithm is used in image steganography?
- How is Randy Orton personally
- Support vector machine for linguistics students explained
- Is Yoongi pansexual
- Intelligent technologies lead to intelligent translations
- Do you think parents are always right?
- Why is modern pop music so stale
- What is Live-TeXing
- How is Google Chromecast 3
- How do you calculate with fractional exponents
- What is Scarlett Witch's best accomplishment
- What is the full form of NDKK
- How can I make an animation video
- What is the reserve or reverse batteries
- What are the starting method of the generator
- Is there a paranoia epidemic?
- How do psychiatric hospitals deal with severe pyromaniacs
- What is simple art or photography
- Who is the best quarterback in the AFC
- Is blood organic or inorganic
- What are the new rules regarding DTH
- How much profit stays in a restaurant
- Which Linux distribution supports a larger range of hardware?
- What was Pliny’s attitude towards Christians?
- What are some avocado substitutes
- What is the regime theory
- What is Herman Melville known for?
- How real is the Moonshiners TV show
- Who will benefit most from online banking?
- How is the fintech scene in Indonesia?
- What do advisory criminals do