What are great chocolate truffles recipes
Fine chocolate truffles, homemade
Are you crazy about those round, little delicacies that pop into your mouth by themselves? 😀 With our recipe for homemade chocolate truffles you can easily make these little delicacies yourself. Chocolate truffles are pralines that are refined with just a few ingredients. Check out our simple recipe.
Grandma's truffle chocolates recipe
These delicious home-made chocolate truffles are the real treat when guests come, and not just during the festive season such as Christmas or Easter: They go well with every occasion.
For our recipe we use sweetened condensed milk with 10% fat. Evaporated milk has great creaminess, but is less fat than cream. This gives our pralines a rich taste without being too heavy.
Because during the festive season everyone longs for something lighter, in addition to all the hearty delicacies such as roasts, stollen and eggnog. What's better than these little bites during this time?
Where does the name come from?
Truffle chocolates suggest that it contains truffles. But the name comes from its shape, which is reminiscent of a whole truffle mushroom. Truffle pralines are generally round pralines made with a non-sliceable mixture of chocolate and cream, also known as ganache.
Chocolate truffles without baking
These truffles are not baked, just kneaded and then chilled. Thanks to the high butter content, they have a good consistency and shelf life.
Which chocolate is the best?
You can coat or dust our chocolate truffles with any kind of chocolate.
You can try the following coating:
- Milk chocolate or couverture: melt it and let it run warm over the truffle pralines on a wire rack. Chill everything quickly, preferably in the refrigerator.
- White chocolate truffles are also very tasty, especially peppered with small dried fruits, for example cranberries or cherries.
- Roll the truffles in brittle or chopped nuts.
- Roll them in the classic way in cocoa powder.
- Roll them in chocolate sprinkles.
For something a little fancier, try chocolate with pink pepper or chilli, or sprinkle some coconut sprinkles over the damp couverture.
In this recipe, I rolled them in cocoa powder before cooling to give them a classic look.
Delicious chocolate truffles, homemade
- 1 can of condensed milk 397g, sweetened
- 125 g butter
- 400 g biscuits finely chopped, or rusks
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 300 g chocolate to taste, whole milk, white or dark chocolate
Order the ingredients for the recipe conveniently at home:
- Put the condensed milk and butter in a saucepan and heat gently on the stove until the butter has melted.
- In the meantime, mix the crushed biscuit crumbs with the cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk to the cookie crumbs and stir everything together until well mixed.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to allow it to cool completely.
- Then roll the mixture into small balls (about the size of a walnut). This is best done with slightly damp hands. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place back in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to cool down.
- Let the chocolate melt carefully in a heat-resistant bowl that you hang over a saucepan of boiling water, i.e. in a double boiler.
- Then use a toothpick or a kebab skewer to pick up your truffles one at a time and dip them one at a time in the melted chocolate. Put them back on the baking sheet or wire rack and let them cool again in the refrigerator. .
Photo credits: Unless otherwise indicated: © Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or © Unsplash.com.
As an Amazon partner, I earn from qualified purchases. The references marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on such a referral link and shop via this link, I will receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to make our recipes available free of charge. For you the price doesn't change.
- How fast your wounds heal
- People with ASPD isolate themselves
- Throws Giuliani Pompeo under the bus
- Is power something that should be demonized
- What does the Pinterest logo mean
- Speech recognition with Python No Google APIs
- Who is the heroine of Beyhadh
- What do Americans think of Scandinavians?
- What are some adaptations of saltwater alligators
- Why is the Twitter Lists button so slow
- You can put concrete on the floor
- Ladies wear makeup in bed
- What is DKNY
- Management videos Operations Management
- What makes literature timeless
- Should I copy the trade on eToro?
- How can I improve my speaking voice
- Why do some people hate Apple Inc.
- How do I find affordable makeup
- What is your BDES NIFT 2019 result
- How effective is tattoo removal
- How many people have tattoos in Israel
- What is the purpose of micro data centers
- What are logo design companies