What is the typedef enumeration in C.
15.11 Type definition with »typedef«
With the keyword typedef a new identifier can be used for a simple data type. The syntax of a simple type definition looks like this:
This can significantly improve the readability of a program. This type definition with typedef is to be demonstrated using the address program. Here you can see the listing:
Thanks to the new type definition
can use the structure now
can be accessed. This is much easier to read with longer programs. This is particularly useful when there are several structures that are very similar in structure to one another. The type definition in the program could also be defined differently:
The type definition can also be applied to other variables. The following definitions can be seen quite often:
For example, after that is the following notation
The typedef keyword is also used to create so-called primitive data types. What's that good for? Let's take the primitive data type uclock_t as an example (primitive data types usually always end with _t). This is defined in the header file
On another system, this definition might look like this:
The primitive data types make a program more portable. This means that you do not have to deal with the data types when porting to other systems. For example, if you programmed a program on a 32-bit system and then tested it on a 16-bit system, finding the wrong value error can be frustrating.
As with enum or define, the program does not get better or faster with typedef, but it only serves to make your program easier to read, write and port to other systems.
How did you like the Openbook? We always look forward to your feedback. Please send us your feedback as an e-mail to [email protected]
- Which companies sell drone development kits
- Manspreading should be controversial
- Germany is becoming homophobic
- What's the least popular food you love
- What is the use of binoculars
- Is science versus spirituality
- What is the agile outcome method
- How do MPs serve their constituencies?
- How do you enter more than 100
- What are some Apple Music alternatives
- What are the best Tamil story books
- Did Lenin Stalin please
- What makes people arogant
- What's your best headshot
- Why isn't Chrome downloading completely?
- What color of chalk is the best
- Who is the center in EXO
- Smoking marijuana reduces testosterone levels
- Are IPL matches established 4
- Did Darwin say that humans come from apes?
- How much weight do special workers carry
- Why did Saab go bankrupt
- What is Pinterest Why is Pinterest used
- Why are you so puzzling