How do acids and bases corrode iron
to directory mode
Corrosion is commonly understood to mean the oxidation of metals due to environmental influences. The course of corrosion depends on the one hand on the properties of the metals in question and on the other hand on the type of medium with which the metal is in contact. Moisture plays an important role in corrosion. Corrosion processes are diverse and often complex.
The simplest case of corrosion is the reaction of the metal surface with aggressive substances from the environment, i.e. the reaction of base metals with air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, which reacts with humidity to form sulphurous acid and as a result of oxidation by atmospheric oxygen to form sulfuric acid. Other air pollutants such as chlorine or acid vapors, which react directly with many metals, can also occur in industrial production plants or laboratories. These conversions should be regarded as ordinary redox reactions.
More complicated redox processes occur when metals are destroyed by the formation of electrochemical elements or by electrolysis processes.
It is well known that iron and simple steels rust in moist air without the need for other reactants. A direct reduction of oxonium ions in water by iron should not play a special role because at = 7 their concentration is very low. In the neutral and alkaline area, oxygen corrosion occurs preferentially. The electrons given off by the metal
are absorbed by the oxygen
- Why did former Jews believe in Christ?
- Are there currently living survivors of World War II
- What is the IUPAC name of phenol
- What is the story of Chhattisgarh in India
- Do televisions have a loud sound
- What is minimalist journaling
- How much does a Nigerian soldier earn
- For which waves does the Huygens principle apply?
- Should I end this relationship?
- Why has Spotify stopped selling downloads
- How to convert VOB to WMV
- How can tamales be kept warm
- Is my exercise routine too much
- What is atmospheric pressure and the device
- Everyone is potentially bisexual
- What's your rating of Subway Surfers
- Abdominal breathing is a type of yoga
- Whatever happened to the UNICEF Halloween ride
- Should I join XIMB?
- Costco loses money on gasoline
- Are humans totally dependent on plants
- How does liquid become gel?
- Can superfoods save you
- How do I set up your own server