How old is Vietnamese literature
Travel guide / travel advice
Country and people in general
History, politics and society
Travel guide / travel advice
- Bühler, Wolf-Eckard and Hella Kothmann. Vietnam. Bielefeld: Travel Know-how, 2004.
- Dodd, Jan and Mark Lewis: Vietnam, Stefan Loose Travel Handbook, Ostfildern 2005.
- Krücker, Franz Joseph: Polyglot Travel Guide Vietnam. Munich: Langenscheidt, 2000.
- Petrich, Martin H. Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, Cologne: Dumont, 2004.
- Petrich, Martin H .: DuMont Art Travel Guide Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, Ostfildern 2006.
- Sunningham, Susan, Sharon Owyang, and Andrew Forbes. Polyglot Apa Guide: Vietnam. Munich: APA, 2004.
Country and people in general
- Heyder Monika: Culture shock Vietnam. Bielefeld: Travel Know-How 2003.
- Huu Ngoc / Barbara Cohen: Tet. Vietnamese Lunar New Year. Hanoi 1998.
- Keller, Hans-Jörg: Culture Key Vietnam. Munich 2000
- Compendium of Vietnamese-German relations and Germany’s relations with Cambodia and Laos (published by the German Overseas Institute). Hamburg 1997.
- Kotte, Heinz and Rüdiger Siebert: The dream of Angkor. Bad Honnef: Horlemann, 2001.
- Kotte, Heinz and Rüdiger Siebert: Vietnam, Lamuv 2001.
- Kotte, Heinz and Rüdiger Siebert: Vietnam up close. A country in upheaval, Bad Honnef 2006.
- Mc Leod, Mark W. and Nguyen Thi Dieu: Culture and Customs of Vietnam, Westport, Conn., London, 2001.
- Nguyen Trong Dieu: Geography of Vietnam. Hanoi 1995.
- Place, R / Rieger, G. Ed .: Southeast Asia in Transition. Stuttgart 1996 (with several articles on Vietnam)
- Vietnam. (The gioi publishers) Hanoi 1995.
- Weggel, Oskar: Indochina. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia. (Beck's series: Current country customers. Munich 1987.
- Way, Karin: Success in the niche? The Vietnamese in the GDR and East Germany, Münster 2005.
History, politics and society
- Draguhn, W. / Schier, P. (Eds.): Indochina. The permanent conflict? Hamburg 1987.
- Duiker, William J .: Historical Dictionary of Vietnam, Lanham, Md, & London: The Scarecrow Press, 1998.
- William J. Duiker: Ho Chi Minh. A life. New York: Hyperion, 2000.
- Duiker, William J .: Sacred War. Nationalism and Revolution in a Divided Vietnam, New York et al., 1995.
- Endres, Kirsten: Ritual, Festival and Politics in North Vietnam. Between ideology and tradition, Münster: LIT Verlag, 2000.
- Frey, Marc: History of the Vietnam War. The tragedy in Asia and the end of the American dream. Munich: Beck, 2006.
- Freytag, Myriam: The "Moritzburgers" in Vietnam. Life paths after a school and training stay in the GDR - mediation in intercultural relationships. Frankfurt / Main 1998.
- Großheim, Martin: North Vietnamese Village Communities: Continuity and Change. From the beginning of the colonial era to the end of the Vietnam Wars, Hamburg: Institute for Asian Studies, 1997.
- Grossheim, Martin and Vincent J.H. Houben (eds.): Vietnam, Regional Integration and the Asian Financial Crisis. Vietnamese and European Perspectives, Passau: Passau Contributions to Southeast Asian Studies, 2001.
- Jamieson, Neil: Understanding Vietnam, Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993.
- Kerkvliet, Benedict J.T .: The Power of Everyday Politics: How Vietnamese Peasants Transformed National Policy, 2005.
- Le Thanh Khoi: 3000 years of Vietnam. Munich 1968.
- Luong Van Hy (ed.): Postwar Vietnam. Dynamics of a Transforming Society. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 2003.
- Lulei, Wilfried / Wessel, Ingrid (ed.): Social change in Southeast Asia. Berlin 1991.
- McCargo, Duncan (ed.): Rethinking Vietnam, London 2004.
- McNamara, Robert / Van DeMark, Brian: Vietnam. The trauma of a world power. Hamburg 1996
- Nguyen Khac Vien: Vietnam. A long history. Hanoi 1987.
- Nguyen Van Huy et al., Eds .: Vietnam: Journeys of Body, Mind, and Spirit. Berkeley: Univ. of Calif. Press.
- Pham Quang Minh. Between theory and practice. Agricultural policy in Vietnam since 1945. Berlin: Berlin Southeast Asian Studies, 2003.
- Scholl-Latour, Peter: Death in the rice field. 30 years of war in Indochina. Munich 1989.
- Scholl-Latour, Peter: The ride on the dragon. Indochina from the French colonial era to the present day. Munich 1989.
- Thayer, Carlyle A. and Ramses Amer (eds.): Vietnamese Foreign Policy in Transition. Singapore: ISEAS, 1999.
- Steininger, Rolf: Vietnam War, Frankfurt / M. 2004.
- The Quyen Vu: The changing Vietnamese society. Wiesbaden 1987.
- Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (1992). Berlin, Düsseldorf 1992.
- Martin Großheim: The party and the war and dissent in North Vietnam. Regiospecktra Verlag. Berlin 2009. 281 pages.
The Vietnamist Martin Großheim, who knows the country well and speaks the Vietnamese language, analyzes the disputes within the Lao Dong party (the party of the working people of Vietnam) about the party's strategy and tactics over the years by evaluating previously untapped Vietnamese and German sources between the two Indochina Wars. In doing so, he partially addresses questions that have so far been little explored in the publications on Vietnam, such as the gradually changing attitude towards the armed struggle in South Vietnam.
- Olaf-Müller-Teut: The dragon is dancing. Books on Demand GmbH. Nonderstedt 2009. 190 pages.
The author, who has been traveling in Asia and Africa for many years, focuses on a Sino-Vietnamese family from Saigon in the second half of the 20th century. He also conveys a lot of interesting and worth knowing things about the country and its people, which he obviously shows a lot of sympathy for.
- Heinz Schütte: Fifty years later: Hundred flowers in Vietnam 1954-1960. Hamburg Southeast Asian Studies Volume 3. Hamburg 2009. 140 pages
On the basis of previously unknown archive material and interviews with contemporary witnesses, the author paints a differentiated picture of a cultural movement that was quickly pushed into the background by official cultural policy. The author requests a subscription for a second edition at [email protected], price 16 €
- Beresford, Melanie et al .: Economic Transition in Vietnam: Trade and Aid in the Demise of a Centrally Planned Economy, 2001.
- Dang Duc Dam: Vietnam's economy 1986-1995. Hanoi 1995.
- Heberer, Thomas: Entrepreneurs as Strategic Groups: On the Social and Political Function of Entrepreneurs in China and Vietnam, Hamburg 2001.
- Mutz, Rainer and Gerd Mutz. Doi Moi in business and society. Social and Economic Transformation in Vietnam, 2002.
- Mya Than / Tan, Joseph (ed.): Vietnam's Dilemmas and Options. The Challenge of Economic Transition in the 1990s. Singapore 1993.
- Nguyen Minh Tu: Ten Years Economic Reform in Vietnam. Trier 1996.
- Vo Nhan Tri: Vietnams economic policy since 1975. Singapore 1990.
- Ho Gia Huong / Do Ngoan / Boscher, Winfried: Dictionary German-Vietnamese. Leipzig 1964
- Boscher, Winfried: Dictionary Vietnamese-German. Leipzig 1978
- Kahrow, Otto: Vietnamese-German Dictionary. Wiesbaden 1972
- Nguyen Luyen and others: German-Vietnamese picture dictionary. Leipzig 1981
- Le Duc Phuc and others: Tu dien Duc-Viet. German-Vietnamese dictionary. Hanoi 1996
- Nguyen Van Tue (Ed.): Tu Dien Viet Duc. Vietnamese-German Dictionary. Hanoi 1998
Selected language teaching materials
- Doan Thien Thuat. Tieng Viet (For non-native speakers). Hanoi: Nha Xuat Ban Giao Duc, 2004.
- Nguyen Minh Ha / Ursula Lies: Vietnamese basic course Unkel / Rhein 1993 (with exercise cassettes)
- Nguyen Minh Ha / Wilfried Lulei: Vietnamese crash course for self-study. Audio course, Ulm 2004 (with exercise cassettes)
- Heyder, Monika: gibberish. Vietnamese word for word, Bielefeld: Reise Know-how, 2006.
- Raitza, Kathrin and others: Vietnamese for beginners, Hamburg: Buske, 2003.
- The hundred-knot bamboo. Ancient folk tales from Vietnam. Leipzig 1975.
- ham Duy Khiem: Vietnamese fairy tales. Frankfurt a. M. / Hamburg 1968.
- Claudius, Eduard: When the fish swallowed the stars. Fairy tales and legends from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia .. Halle 1976.
- Folk tales from Vietnam. Truyen co tich Vietnam. Stuttgart 1980.
- Nguyen Du: The girl Kieu. Berlin 1964.
- Nights on the march. Poetry and prose from Vietnam. Berlin 1968.
- Explorations. 16 Vietnamese storytellers. Berlin 1977.
- Vietnamese short stories. Bonn 1984.
- Duong Thu Huong: love story told before dawn. Bad Honnef 1992,
- Duong Thu Huong: bitter rice. Munich 1993.
- Duong Thu Huong: Untitled Novel. Bad Honnef 1995,
- Pham Thi Hoai: The crystal messenger. Reinbek 1992.
- Pham Thi Hoai: Sunday menu. Zurich 1995.
- Ho Xuan Huong: eyes laugh, lips bloom. Erotic poems from Vietnam. Munich 1985.
- Le Luu. A Time for Past, University of Massachusetts Press. 1997.
- Vietnam's most beautiful poems (bilingual). Bonn 1983.
- My kite is so fed up with the wind. Poems by children from Vietnam. Berlin 1973.
The Vietnamese magazines see under "Newspapers and magazines"
Reference is also made to numerous publications in journals. See above all: Asia, Southeast Asia News, Southeast Asia Information, Far Eastern Economic Review, International Asia Forum, Vietnam Info, Asian Survey, Pacific Affairs, Contemporary Southeast Asia.
- What does a high platelet count mean
- What is Premium Twitter
- Who sings these sons happily Mehboob Qayamat
- How do you breathe without air
- Why do trees grow up
- Which training is the best subject Why
- What does it mean to manifest something
- Have you tried spa services at home before?
- How was GIMP developed for Mac OS
- Have you ever done your own laundry
- What is your JEE Advanced brand
- Are Mandelbrot sets useful in any way
- Why USPS didn't give me a tracking number
- What's different in Overcooked 2
- How can I go into the cockpit
- What is a knowledge-based technique
- What is fold in structural geology
- Has Silicon Valley reached its peak
- What caste is Khandelwal
- Can two people share an Uber account?
- What is the order of the reaction 2
- What are the starting method of the generator
- Where can I learn about historical linguistics
- Are the most common Indian dishes overcooked