How does the body anatomically hold its breath?
Breathing: what happens when you breathe?
Inhale and exhale - these basic processes are commonly understood as breathing. The responsible organ: the lungs.
The most important function of the lungs is to ensure gas exchange, i.e. the blood and thus our body with oxygen (O2) and carbon dioxide (CO2) removed from the blood.
When you breathe in, air flows into your body through your mouth or nose. One can thus differentiate between mouth breathing and nasal breathing. Nasal breathing is healthier, because here the air is cleaned, moistened and preheated by the hairs and mucous membranes in the nose.
Gas exchange between the body and the outside world
Through the throat, past the larynx and vocal cords, the air is drawn into the windpipe (trachea) via the bronchi and bronchioles, up to the Alveoli sucked. This is where the real one takes place Gas exchangebetween the body and the outside world:
- Oxygen (O2) is absorbed from the air we breathe into the blood of the pulmonary circulation and transported into the tissue via the blood circulation.
- In the cells, the oxygen is consumed in metabolic processes, carbon dioxide (CO2) as a waste product.
- The carbon dioxide in turn gets back to the lungs via the blood and is exhaled there into the environment.
Gas exchange in the lungs is vital because the body needs oxygen for most of the metabolic processes in the cells. However, not only the lungs are involved in breathing; the auxiliary respiratory muscles are also of decisive importance for the breathing mechanics.
- What do sociopaths think at night
- What's your favorite Australian word
- What are vocal nodes
- What is super class in java
- Is Jun Shui a proper Chinese name
- How Much Does Your Integrity Cost Why
- What is the best GMC racing bike
- Which books represent the Albanian culture best?
- What is under the animal kingdom
- Should I start playing video games?
- What if Ser Arthur Dayne surrendered instead
- What ultimately counts in life
- Who made you happy lately?
- How do I update my cyanogen device
- What's the latest on Puerto Rican statehood
- Why are no more water towers used
- Why does NoSQL not provide a rich query
- What are some uses of yeast packets
- Who are the Parwar Jains in Bundelkhand
- What could exist in the eighth dimension?
- What is underestimated about Donald Trump?
- What are 4 examples of natural polymers
- What was before the universe
- What is the worth of sin 20