Why isn't Chrome downloading completely?
Google Chrome blocks downloads: How to deactivate the lock
Google Chrome wants to make the Internet safer by blocking certain downloads. We'll show you how to download such blocked downloads anyway.
- Bypass Chrome's download block for individual links
- Deactivate Chrome's download lock
Thanks to an extended block for potentially unsafe downloads, Google Chrome has been blocking numerous download links on websites since version 86.
Instead of warning of a possible danger with an info message, the clicks on certain downloads simply come to nothing.
The download lock is activated for download links with missing SSL / TLS encryption, which use a simple HTTP instead of a secure HTTPS connection. If the download is an executable and installable file such as .exe, .bat or .msi, clicking on the download link will not work.
File types such as .apk, .ps1 and .crx are also affected, which, according to Google, could cause the following problems on a computer or other device:
- Spread of viruses
- Unauthorized access to private data
- Change of browser settings
- Change the settings on your computer or other device
- Adding unwanted extensions and toolbars to your browser
If you still want to download such a blocked file at your own risk, you can bypass Google Chrome's download lock as follows.
Bypass Chrome's download block for individual links
To use a blocked download link, click on it with the right mouse button and select "Save link as ...". In the case of directly linked files, you can see the complete link path when moving the mouse over the status bar and can thus better assess a potential danger, for example when a link is made to another website.
Before the download starts, you can select the desired storage location on the hard drive instead of the standard download folder and then download the file with "Save".
Chrome's download lock can also be completely deactivated if necessary. Chrome no longer warns you of possibly fraudulent websites that want to steal personal data such as passwords or credit card numbers. This way is therefore only recommended in exceptional cases and for experienced online users. You should also use an up-to-date virus protection system.
If you use Google Chrome very intensively and with many open tabs at the same time, you can use tab groups to provide an overview.
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Does the NIT Delhi have its own campus
- What is the use of nmap
- How do I root my Samsung smartphone
- Which is more addictive nicotine or heroin
- How are MBBS students doing at Jipmer
- Psychoanalysis and MBTI have a neurological basis
- Well worth buying a replica Vertu phone
- How high can trazodone be
- You can call the Korg Gadget a DAW
- Which graphics program do you work with
- What is the order of the reaction 2
- Will Tesla build autonomous cars this year
- Masons wear aprons to meetings
- Who are the best looking players
- Make goats like cheese
- What is the best future to pay for altcoin
- What is a career as a computer engineer like
- What is rhodopsin and iodopsin
- When did you decide to publish yourself
- President Obama had a gun
- What single action makes you most angry?
- All enzymes are protein
- Oatmeal causes gas
- What does an IVR pin mean