Why did I start to lose consciousness
Emergency: loss of consciousness
The first and foremost measure is to take a simple one Emergency check to carry out:
Speak to the person concerned loudly and clearly, e.g. ask for their name. Almost every adult can answer this question in normal cases. If there is no reaction to the verbal communication, the next step is to stimulate contact, preferably by gently shaking the shoulder. If this consciousness check does not produce any reactions, it can be assumed that you are unconscious.
Shout out loud for help and make bystanders aware of the emergency situation.
Hyperextend the victim's head by placing one hand on their forehead and lifting their chin with the other. Thereafter applies: hear, see, feel for a maximum of ten seconds, i.e. bend your head over the patient's face and look at their chest. Watch for your rib cage rise and fall, hear for breath sounds, and feel for breath against your cheek.
Breathing present: Stable lateral position
Unconscious persons with existing breathing must be in stable side position be stored. There is a risk of e.g. saliva or vomit being inhaled or the tongue slipping into the throat and obstructing the airways; this can be prevented with the stable side position!
This is how the stable side position works:
- First place your arm at a right angle on the side to which the affected person is turned.
- Then pull up the opposite knee and place the wrist of the other arm on it.
- In the next step, turn the person affected to the bent arm.
- As a final step, stretch your head over and open your mouth. This allows blood, vomit or mucus to drain away.
Then choose the Emergency number 144 and continue to monitor breathing.
Danger!In the case of a cardiac arrest, so-called gasping breathing can occur (individual, “snapping” breaths with extended pauses in between); this must not be confused with normal breathing! The same procedure applies as in the case of no breathing.
No breathing: resuscitation
If you have determined by means of an emergency check that the person concerned is not breathing or breathing abnormally, you must come along immediately Resuscitation measures to be started.
More on the subject: first aid measures
- Is there a state fair in Minnesota
- Why doesn't everyone achieve their full potential
- What is slow burning fan fiction
- What animal did the cave people wear?
- What does an almost linear equation mean
- Who is Stephen King's proofreader
- Which app colors consume the battery the fastest
- Is Facebook a threat to democracy
- What are Adoptables in DeviantArt
- Routine leads to success or mediocrity
- How safe is 20 mg Valium
- Why does a varicocele keep recurring?
- Let us consider cave paintings as writing
- How can you access htaccess
- Why does she still remember me
- What is your favorite branch of philosophy
- Studied Merlin at Hogwarts
- What is the name of a circular window
- What actually defines something as life
- What are the plant groups called amphibians
- Discuss the injection molding machine and extrusion molding
- How do ciliary muscles work
- What is folding
- What is atmospheric pressure and the device