How are micelles formed
Micelle, one above a characteristic concentration, the critical micelle concentration cM., aggregate formed in water from surfactant molecules (surfactants, biosurfactants). The number of surfactant molecules per M. is called Aggregation number. In the case of ionic surfactants, it is around 102, with non-ionic up to 103. The hydrophobic molecular parts of the surfactant form the micellar core, the hydrophilic head groups the hydrated outer boundary layer (Fig. A). In the case of ionic surfactants, this is an electrical double layer of surfactant ions and counter ions (star layer). With increasing concentration, the initially more or less spherical M. change over rod-shaped or cylindrical M. into lamellar (crystalline liquid) phases.
As inverse M. or reverse M. is the term used in non-polar solvents, e.g. B. hydrocarbons, occurring M. with reverse orientation (Fig. B). Inverse M. are thermodynamically stable and allow, among other things, performing enzyme-catalyzed reactions in organic solvents. By varying the solvent, for. B. the substrate specificity of enzymes can be changed. Inverse M. are increasingly used in biotechnology.
Micelles. Fig .: (a) micelle in water, (b) inverse micelle.
- How to find podcasters to find agents
- What is biomineralization
- What is a millwright paid for
- How do I get a side income
- Are there rucksacks with secret compartments?
- Which English exam should I take?
- Is scrubs worth watching
- How can you generate income
- Did Jesus visit Indians
- What is the purpose of domes
- What is the monomer of Teflon plastic
- How exactly is Zillow in 2018
- Is AVG VPN good
- What was special about Grigori Perelman
- Where does the family name Pearson come from?
- Why isn't Ash's Bulbasaur ever evolving?
- What is the medicine for sticky hair
- Is the calcification of the pineal gland normal?
- What is an equipment technician
- What are some difficult impossible CGI effects
- Why does religion mean less without science?
- What was the first concept album ever
- What are program management skills
- What is a bitcoin wallet