Why did Star Wars IX annoy viewers
Star Wars 9 warns epileptics: going to the cinema is dangerous for some viewers
When Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker flickers on the canvases from the week before Christmas, then that's a spectacle for the same three generations to fans. Some grew up with the original films, others with the prequels, and the very young ones with the Disney sequels. But for a group of fans, going to the cinema should be treated with caution. An epilepsy warning applies to Star Wars 9.
Beware: Star Wars 9 can cause epileptic seizures
You should photosensitive epilepsy (a form of epilepsy in which flickering lights can cause seizures), then you should read on carefully now. Because as Variety reports, Disney has issued a warning together with the Epilepsy Foundation of America.
Star Wars 9 therefore contains "several scenes with imagery and persistent flashing lightsthat can affect people with photosensitive epilepsy ". That means that the pictures shown in the film may be Seizures in certain viewers trigger.
Although there is usually no consequential damage through epileptic seizures, but it is a serious incident that continues to have an effect in the hours afterwards and can temporarily trigger depressive symptoms, forgetfulness, speech disorders or paralysis.
At particularly severe cases a seizure can even lead to death, for example if the epileptic state lasts too long and the brain is not adequately supplied with oxygen. But that only happens extremely rarely.
For epileptics: So you can still enjoy The Rise of Skywalker
Despite the potential danger, photosensitive epileptics don't have to do without Star Wars 9. The Epilepsy Foundation advises following suggestions to be followed to minimize the risk:
- Asks a friendto watch the movie first.
- Take your friend with you when you go to the movie so he can warn you which scenes flickering lights contain. So you can cover your eyes during these scenes.
- Bring these to your friend First aid measures during seizures so he can help you if you have a seizure.
Too bad such Precautions are necessary to watch epilepsy episode 9 without hesitation as a Star Wars fan with epilepsy. But at least we can be happy to see Disney issue a warning before it's too late.
Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker is in theaters 18th December 2019.
What do you think of the warning about Star Wars 9? Does it concern you?
- Did pirates really have plug legs
- Why is photosynthesis only carried out in sheets
- Should I drop out of art school?
- How crazy are your grandparents
- What is the Rosenhan Experiment
- Why does someone study nutrition and dietetics
- How do you use capitalization correctly
- What are poverty problems in Mexico
- What is a web entrepreneur
- Where Zakir Naik goes wrong
- Gray avocado is bad
- What just happened in my body 1
- What is an idea
- Appaloosas are a breed of horse
- How can I be a charming leader
- What is an angry attack
- Everyone has a facade
- How tectonic plates shape the world
- What shouts Im friend material
- What are some Apple Music alternatives
- What is solid carbon in coal
- Is it wrong to sleep naked?
- Most computer programmers are by implication good artists
- Billie Holiday or Nina Simone