Who is Roy Lichtenstein
New York 1923 - New York 1997
The American pop artist Roy Lichtenstein was born on October 27, 1923 in New York. In 1940 he studied there at the Art Students League, then he attended the art school at Ohio State University in Columbus until 1942. After the war, during which he was a soldier from 1943 to 1946, Roy Lichtenstein continued his art studies until 1949.
From 1951 Lichtenstein lived in Cleveland, where his first, less successful exhibition took place. 1951-57 Lichtenstein is a drawing teacher at Ohio State University. 1957-60 he teaches at New State University in Oswego, New York. 1960-63 he teaches at Douglass College, Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
It was not until 1960 that Roy Lichtenstein found his own, unmistakable painting style. He uses cartoon characters in drawings. In 1961 Roy Lichtenstein painted six large-format pictures based on comic strips and he also adopted the halftone dots from the artwork in his painting. After the gallery owner Leo Castelli became aware of him, his successful artistic career began.
In addition to the comic strips, Lichtenstein also used illustrations and classifieds in newspapers and magazines as a template and pool of ideas for his paintings. Everyday culture offers him the raw material from which he can choose. Roy Lichtenstein later also used other works of art, such as pictures by Cézanne, Matisse or Mondrian, and translated them into his characteristic painting style. The "Mirror Paintings" were created in 1969-72. From 1970 Roy Lichtenstein also designed some large-format wall paintings. From 1990 onwards he also created sculptural works.
Roy Lichtenstein, along with Andy Warhol, the most important representative of Pop Art, died in New York in 1997.
- What is the state bird of Pakistan
- How is Joel Spolsky's work week
- How does thinking affect our dreams?
- What is the Fortnite font
- Who originally wrote Gloria
- What does QBU
- What is morning wood
- Why is winter cold
- Eats an anaconda snake every day
- What's good about Montreal Quebec Canada
- What is the Pinterests database schema
- Is it necessary to have personalized golf balls
- Is machine learning good for drawing conclusions?
- Why should you maintain your air conditioner?
- Does the Amazon Echo have a battery inside
- How do I master anatomy while sketching
- What is NAVTEX from a maritime perspective
- Why UST Global only promotes Malayalees
- Uses Brendon Urie Autotune
- What are the latest coupons for 1 mg
- Are dreams voluntary
- What is an oxidation state
- What are some contemporary Canadian literary examples
- Why do pressure vessels have Roecke