Where are Apple data centers located
iCloud: Apple is trying to switch to its own data centers
Apple has not given up on the plan to deliver the data of its increasingly important service business from its own data centers - despite problems in setting up the iCloud infrastructure. Sources of the specialist service The information According to the iPhone group is currently trying to reduce its dependency on suppliers such as Amazon (Amazon Web Services, AWS) and Microsoft (Azure). Apple is currently buying large amounts of server space and cloud connectivity from these companies in order to operate the App Store, iTunes offering, Apple Music and the other online services.
Last week it was announced that Apple should be one of the best AWS customers. The company reportedly spends a double-digit million amount every month and will even increase it, according to the stock market broadcaster CNBC. The information now contradicts this message: Apple is in the process of reducing expenditure and increasingly relying on its own data centers.
Has your AWS spending shrunk?
Apple is said to have spent up to $ 370 million on AWS. However, this value was significantly higher in 2017, according to sources from The information: 775 million. Accordingly, Apple would have saved 50 percent of the costs. The company is currently trying "aggressively" to switch iCloud services to its own servers. One of the reasons should also be that Apple does not really trust the infrastructure of the suppliers. Information from iCloud accounts hosted on Google is said to have been lost due to technical problems. These were photos and other data.
Europe lacks iCloud data centers
Apple's problem with the strategy, which is supposed to have the name "Project McQueen" internally: The company is making very slow progress in setting up its own data centers. Recently there have been reports that the construction of a large data center in Denmark is stalling; a project in Ireland failed last year due to residents' protests. In other regions such as the USA, however, the creation of the iCloud infrastructure seems to be going faster; Apple had also announced investments in the billions in its home market. (bsc)Read comments (33) Go to homepage
- Are atheists well seen in the US
- What happened to the results of NEET 2017
- The Odia language is slowly dying
- Radiation therapy causes cancer
- How often should you see your friends
- Make miniature daschunds good pets
- Who is the real bully of Maharashtra
- Did anyone survive Hurricane Katrina?
- Why do we need MATLAB
- Why is it being introduced with age restrictions on YouTube
- What is the biggest failure in America
- What are the benefits of McAfee software
- Little kitties will always be sick
- What is the purpose of the new math concept
- There are different types of sweat
- Which country is the best for surrogacy
- Should I lie to my father 1
- Why does Edinburgh not have a subway system
- How difficult is it to overcome liver cancer
- To whom does the 14th amendment apply
- How is MGMC Pondicherry for an MBBS
- Why do we need arson investigators
- What does Hachi Machi mean in Japanese
- Why is everyone so sad
- The University of Wales is now abolished
- What are Americans doing wrong
- How energetic do I feel during my studies
- What can a pedicure do for me
- How is the fintech scene in Indonesia?
- Software development managers should code too
- Is Fergusson College fine for art
- Does nostalgia only exist with change
- How territorial are you
- How do I feel 2