What is a hexadecimal decoder
Electronic circuits cannot actually count, and if so, then up to a maximum of 1, because they only know two states: on or off, symbolized in digits 0 or 1. The base is therefore two. Here, too, you can express any number by taking each digit from right to left times the value at the digit position to the base (1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc.), but that results in long numbers very quickly, e.g. . B. 1111101000 (binary) for 1000 (decimal).
A compromise for "legibility" between human and computer is a number based on 16, with the values from right to left being 1, 16, 256, 4096, etc. The digits used are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, i.e. those that we already know from the decimal system plus AF for 10 (dec.) to 15 (dec.). If hex numbers have two digits, they are written with leading zeros, if they are single digits, so decimal '12' is hexadecimal '0C'.
Since the computer memory is divided into bytes (8 bits each), i.e. it holds values from 0 to 255 per byte, this division and groups of 2 hex digits each are used for these values. For certain registers or if you want to save larger numbers, there are also larger hex numbers with 4 hex digits (2 bytes = 1 word) for values from 0-65535 (164) or 8 hex digits (4 bytes = double word) for values from 0-4,294,967,295 (168) or -2.147.483.648 to +2147483647, if you also want to take negative numbers into account, then the first bit is used for the sign and 31 bits remain for the value itself.
- Windows Phone has a future
- How can I make butter at home
- Is AntShares still a good investment
- What is UNESCO about
- Who will benefit from Trump's tax cuts
- What is the worth of sin 20
- Is parallelism in poetry originally Hebrew
- How to grow green onions
- What are AWS web services and developers
- Why does the choice affect the stock market?
- How does depression feel to you?
- Is Murr from Impractical Jokers gay
- How do I keep alcoholics anonymous
- Are there English speaking sovereignists in Quebec?
- Which YouTube star ruined her career?
- Parents love their children
- Why are cameras bad for our society?
- What sitcom is like friends
- How do I become a kabaddi player
- Is Alexa ranking worth it
- How do lawyers defend themselves against a narcissist
- How can I make an animation video
- How do I buy Bitcoins through Bitindia
- How can I treat Moepsen's seizures