What is 4 6 1 2 1
Leonie needs a new bike. At the dealer she saw a used cross bike that costs $ 160 $. Her father says that if Leonie can collect $ 3/4 $ of the money himself, he'll add the rest. Now Leonie is wondering how much money she has to save herself.
So you determine the fraction $$ 3/4 $$ of the $$ 160 $$ €. The $$ 160 $$ € are the whole.
Divide the whole thing into 4 parts. You determine $$ 1/4 $$.
Mathematically: divide $$ 160 $$ € by the denominator.
$$160$$ € $$:$$ $$4 = 40$$ €.
Take 3 parts. You determine $$ 3/4 $$.
Mathematically: $$ 40 $$ € $$ * $$ $$ 3 = 120 $$ €
So Leonie has to save $ 120 $. Then she gets the rest of it.
Image: fotolia.com (Franz Pfluegl)
The calculation method
So the fraction ($$ 3/4 $$) tells you how to do the math:
- Divide the whole thing.
$$160$$ € $$:$$ $$= 40 $$ €
- You take the result with you.
$$40$$ € $$* $$ $$= 120$$ €
How to calculate the fraction:
- Divide the whole thing.
- Multiply the result by.
That's how it works!
In some cases it is easier to reverse the two steps, so
- Take the whole thing with you.
- Divide the result by.
Philipp likes to eat fish fingers. However, he has found that his father burns about $$ 2/6 $$ fish fingers in a pack of $$ 15 $$ pieces.
$$ 15 $$ (the whole) cannot be easily divided by. But if you take $$ 15 $$ with you first, you will get $$ 30 $$.
$$15$$ $$*$$ = $$30$$
Now sharing is easier.
$$30 :$$ $$= 5$$
So many fish fingers burned! Poor Philip!
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
Take a close look at the fraction first: if you can shorten it, always do it. Then you can calculate with smaller numbers.
In the case of Philip's fish finger fiasco, it would have looked like this:
$$2/6 = (2:2)/(6:2) = 1/3$$
Here the counter is even $$ 1 $$. Then you just have to divide the whole thing through, because you don't have to take it with me anymore.
$$15$$ $$ :$$ $$= 5$$
So you get the same result.
Don't forget: smaller numbers make arithmetic easier! :)
- Why do we need parallelism in programming
- What is a battalion
- Why is the cerebellum so folded?
- How do electric turbochargers work
- What is the curriculum of VMC
- Which is the most painful part of the body
- Who defeated Arjuna in the Mahabharata
- Who was the biggest NBA MVP nudge
- Cocci is an infectious bacterium
- Watch sports referees other sports
- What is satoshi
- How do thermal infrared cameras work
- When was the US dollar strongest?
- What is a Baldwin Acrosonic Piano
- Is racism protected by the first change
- What if the government banned the wearing of clothes?
- How do authors make science fiction credible?
- Can we hide our website from Google
- Is cocktail good for your health
- Why does society demonize pedophiles
- What's wrong with my computer 1
- Which is the biggest TEDx event
- Make editors available to publishers
- Could Poland one day host the Olympic Games?