Why do back stretches feel so good
This is what happens to your body when you stretch!
The body actually does it all by itself - at least if you listen to it and feel it. Most nowadays, however, the first thing to do is to pick up their smartphone and then get up without stretching. What you miss if you do not stretch yourself consciously and with pleasure, we learned at a yoga retreat on Knappenberg with Janina Brunner (www.janinyoga.com).
"It is not for nothing that most people find stretching and lounging as a pleasure, explains yoga teacher Janina. "When stretching, adhesions in the fascia structures are loosened. The adhesions in the fascia consist of collagen fibers that are produced in our body every night when we sleep." During our yoga retreat, however, she once again specifically points out that collagen fibers also help tighten the connective tissue and are therefore actually great. But what can happen: the collagen fibers are deposited between the muscle fibers in a lint-like manner. "If we stretch and loll these bundles of lint break open and can be transported away." Janina therefore gives the tip that you should stretch yourself properly every morning before you even get out of bed. Of course, it is even better to do yoga in the morning to loosen the fasciae.
What happens if you don't stretch?
"If you do not stretch and stretch for a few days, the collagen lint fibers begin to intertwine and become matted," explains Janina. "These tangles limit the gliding ability of our muscle fibers and the range of motion is reduced - we feel more and more rigid and stiff."
For everyone who sits long and hard at work:
"In order to increase the feeling of well-being, it is totally helpful and highly recommended to stretch again and again even after periods of prolonged sitting, such as in the office or on the train. When we observe ourselves, we do this automatically and intuitively anyway we definitely trust in the intuitive wisdom of our body ", Janina is sure.
Additional effect through conscious breathing
As a yoga teacher, Janina also knows how important breathing is: "Deep, conscious breathing during these stretching and lolling movements helps to increase the oxygen supply, which has an invigorating effect. In addition, deep breathing also has a cleansing effect. Toxins that have deposited in the muscles can be transported away via the activated cardiovascular system."
How do you stretch properly and healthily?
"I would say there is no right and no wrong here - as long as it feels good! If you want to do something good for your back and spine at the same time, you can make sure to move your spine in all of its directions of movement: bending forward and backward , Lateral bend left and right, turning movements left and right. This particularly loosens the adhesions of the back muscles and is good for the intervertebral discs. "
Here is a stretch example that can / should also be used in the office:
1. First stretch really well while standing: take your arms over your head and bend to the left and right in a side bend.
2. Then let your arms swing and then turn slightly to the left and right.
3. In the next step you can sit down (in the heel seat or on the office chair), put your hands on your knees and do the cat-cow movement from yoga. These are flowing movements with forward bend ("cat hump") and back bend (slight hollow back).
There are more yoga tips on WOMAN.at .
Follow us too Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- What is used for the acid
- What is the correct procedure for meditation
- How hard is it to get to Bollywood
- Are data analysis and econometrics the same?
- Shiva and Rudra are two people
- What are the advanced oil drilling technologies
- Do extraterrestrials have a sense of humor?
- Where are my glasses
- What is cost variance
- What is your rating of KiSSFLOW
- Being a recruiter is a good career
- How can I make origami with money
- How do I stop a vowel tic
- What is it worth to be bought in boots
- How does a seated person start to run
- The Conservative Party of Canada dies
- ADHD qualifies for IEP
- Who do you think is the best friend?
- If 7x 8 29 what is x
- How many of you are familiar with Sahajayoga
- What color is a main sequence star
- Who are the models in these portraits
- Can someone briefly explain the Bible?
- Like VLSI in ISM IIT Dhanbad
- What is the reading
- Why is the degree symbol a circle
- Why is life not after me
- Does Antifa hurt society in any way?
- Deep learning is implemented through neural networks
- Why does my cook
- What are some characteristics of famous people
- Why is a spring frame loosely coupled
- How to make beef broth