What is the best school in Sri Lanka
Education and sport
In the Republic of Sri Lanka, school attendance is compulsory for children and young people aged 5 to 14. School time begins for the schoolchildren at the age of five in Primary School, the primary school in Sri Lanka. The junior secondary school follows the elementary school.
In this three-year school period, the students can achieve the intermediate level of education. After this schooling, a degree at the Senior Sencondary School is possible. In this school the students can acquire the higher education entrance qualification. Following the mainstream schools, there are many good opportunities in Sri Lanka to obtain a degree from one of the universities. There are a total of 13 universities in Sri Lanka, these are mostly in the larger cities such as Colombo, Jaffna or Moratuwa.
The students are taught in the national languages Tamil and Sinhala at the schools. In addition, the school subject English is a compulsory subject for students. The educational opportunities are free in the country. The education system was reformed by then Education Minister Crestoper William Wijeyekoon Kannangara. This introduced free education and central schools in rural areas. That is why the former Minister of Education is also known as the 'Father of Free Education in Sri Lanka'.
With the introduction of free education, the literacy rate among 15-24 year olds is 96% and the general literacy rate around 91%.
The national sport of Sri Lanka is volleyball. But cricket is one of the most popular sports in the country. The national cricket team is one of the best teams in the world. As early as the early 1990s, the national cricket team was one of the world's cricket elite. In 1996, the national team won the World Cup and the Asian Cup in cricket. In 2004, Sri Lanka became Asian champion and in 2007 vice world champion. In addition to cricket and volleyball, soccer, tennis, rugby, athletics and water sports are popular sports in Sri Lanka. The country's schools and universities hold regular sporting competitions. Sri Lanka also has many sports stadiums. The stage 'R. Premadasa Stadium ‘from Colombo, the 'Rangiri Dumballa Stadium' from Dambulla or the 'Galle International Stadium' from Galle, are among the most famous stadiums in Sri Lanka.
Sports in Sri Lanka
- Veterinary jobs will be available in 2023
- Which relationship flaw taught you the most
- Why hasn't anyone sued PETA yet?
- We fear insecurity
- What should I do after StrongLifts
- First degree burns can cause blisters
- Why am I not getting organic traffic
- How can Quora be made better
- How is it that iPhones don't support wireless charging?
- How much does a new oven cost
- What did Freud think of Karl Marx?
- Who is a person that everyone respects
- Working open online computer science courses
- Is a Honda Cliq suitable for girls
- What is sex 71
- Meditation works for everyone
- Eminem is produced by Shady Records
- What does a turbo timer do
- An accelerated proton can emit electromagnetic radiation
- How old is jack bloomfield
- What kind of software is Photoshop
- How's the parking in Livingston, NJ
- Do we really have to wear socks
- Can machine learning algorithms reinforce stereotypes
- How is advertising nowadays
- Why are dental problems increasing
- Is Paris dog friendly
- Animals inherit their knowledge
- What are the best registration forms
- Should I move to Utah 1
- How do you treat schizophrenia without medication
- How do I block someone on Pubg
- Are semicolons praetentioes
- How was PUBG Mobile made