Snoring can be dangerous
Snoring is widespread: almost one in three men and one in five women does it. This can not only disturb the sleep quality of the person next to you, but can also be harmful to your own health. In the worst case, those affected can even endanger their lives.
It is true that predominantly overweight men are affected by so-called sleep apnea. Yet almost one in three men and one in five women snores. In early January, the Techniker Krankenkasse (TK) in Hamburg announced that the trachea is blocked in every tenth person affected and breathing keeps stopping. “The brain then immediately sounds the alarm, the person concerned wakes up and takes another breath with a loud snore. This can repeat itself throughout the night, usually without the snorer consciously noticing the interruptions in sleep, ”explains doctor Maria Schwormstedt from TK. In severe cases, stop breathing hundreds of times a night. Those affected felt tired and exhausted the next day. The nocturnal lack of oxygen also stresses the cardiovascular system, and the risk of high blood pressure
According to the High Pressure League, the ideal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. High blood pressure is a pathological increase in blood pressure in the arteries to a systolic value of over 140 mmHg and a diastolic value of over 90 mmHg. High blood pressure is an important risk factor for vascular disease, kidney failure and heart failure.
, Cardiac arrhythmias
Disturbances of the heartbeat sequence as an expression of a disturbance or permanent damage in the area of the cardiac conduction system.
, Heart attack and stroke
Strokes occur more frequently during the low blood pressure around 3 o'clock in the morning (midnight stroke) or during the second low blood pressure in the afternoon. The symptoms of the disease usually set in suddenly and depend on the location of the infarction. The first signs can be severe headaches, pronounced clouding of consciousness or even loss of consciousness. A one-sided paralysis usually develops in the arm and face area. At first the paralyzed side is slack (in the face e.g. as a drooping corner of the mouth and swelling of the cheek on the paralyzed side when exhaling = "tobacco bubbles"), later uncontrolled twitching can occur. A cerebral circulation disorder is either the result of a thrombotic or embolic vascular occlusion (ischemic cerebral infarction) or a spontaneous rupture of the blood vessels with subsequent bleeding (hemorrhagic cerebral infarction).
Ischemic Stroke: Cerebral infarction, which is caused by blood congestion due to blocked vessels and therefore leads to an insufficient supply of the brain cells with oxygen. An ischemic cerebral infarction due to insufficient blood flow in an end artery area with sudden vascular occlusion of the artery is the most common cause of a stroke with 80-85%.
Hemorrhagic stroke: Calcified blood vessels in the brain break open, causing bleeding in the brain. The blood supply and thus oxygen supply to the affected brain cells is interrupted or cut off and they die.
rise significantly. In extreme cases, snoring can be fatal.
If you have a racing heart, see a doctor immediately
"People who snore should see a doctor if they wake up at night with a racing heart, have to go to the toilet frequently during the night and are tired or have difficulty concentrating during the day," recommends Schwormstedt. The doctor can determine and treat organic causes such as an elongated uvula, a curvature of the nasal septum or enlarged tonsils and polyps. Together with the health magazine “Healthy Living”, Techniker Krankenkasse offers an expert hotline on the subject of snoring: 01802/11 22 66.
- How was PUBG Mobile made
- What is the background of the domino pizza
- Are mathematicians better at math than doctors
- Do microorganisms have free will
- Can chimpanzees swim?
- When are IIFT results declared?
- Can a dental assistant wear a scrub
- What are the target markets for Zomato
- How does the snoring sound occur?
- How do you get an EFTPOS machine
- Why is globalization integrated
- What are the application deadlines for CEED 2017
- Is that an art?
- Who created Satan after Islam
- One H2O molecule is water
- Can you suggest business models monetization models
- How can I surround myself with millionaires
- What does the ATM error code 168 mean
- Is Nutella halal why or why not
- Would I ever get any money from YouTube?
- Why did the Soviets deport people?
- Why don't you use Golang
- Has Mario Kart Tour Bots
- Why do I always long for chocolates
- What counts as proof of rent
- How do you recycle bicycle tires
- Why do sociopaths marry
- Oracle has a learning management system
- How can one expose corruption in the government?
- How old is Iceland
- How to become a confident programmer
- How authentic is Homify in
- How do I fix permissions for Android