How do I find cheap VPS
Virtual private servers (VPS) from STRATO
- Maximum stability and performance
- Generous storage space and RAM
- Unlimited traffic
Well armed with a V-Server
Take your presence on the World Wide Web to the next level by setting up your own server. A virtual server from STRATO means great job and a Maximum stability for your website.
Thanks to our homogeneous and secure technology, the virtual server is reliably available to you. Sufficient memory and RAM allow even complex and expensive web applications, such as those expected from a game server. Configure the V-Server according to your ideas or automate all processes so that you can focus your full attention on your web project. You don't get all of these advantages if you use a V-Server for free.
V-Server from STRATO offer:
- an impressive performance
- a high degree of stability
- unlimited traffic
- sufficient storage space and RAM for expensive and complex web applications
What actually is a VPS or V-Server?
Virtual servers function and operate like physical servers. The only difference is that they are not executed directly on the hardware become. Using a special program, the hypervisor, the virtual server is implemented with its own processor power and its own memory. The big advantage of this model is that you can run multiple V-Servers simultaneously on a single physical server.
The independence of the individual users from one another is achieved with the virtual private server with a special form of encapsulation. If certain programs crash at one user, this has either no or only very limited effects on the applications of the other users. Each virtual private server receives a pre-allocated share of computing power and memory. This way the virtual system has own resourceswhich are divided accordingly. This is useful insofar as not one user can claim the system-wide resources for himself or impair the applications of the other users.
Nevertheless, it is possible to assign root rights to each individual user with the virtual private servers. Because the separation of the individual user accounts has been optimized, all users now have a private room with all rights. This means that incorrect configuration of one virtual server has no effect on the other virtual servers on the physical server. Operation can thus be maintained. If you have root rights, you should use them with care, because in the worst case scenario, you can completely paralyze your own system. However, root rights allow you to make individual optimizations, so that you are much more flexible with a VPS.
The server virtualization system also works, by the way, if you want to divide your own server into several areas in order to be able to use different operating systems, for example.
History and development of the VPS
Virtual servers began in the 1990s. At that time, information technology was so advanced for the first time that several operating systems could run on one physical machine. Windows and Linux at the same time install and use? That was previously unthinkable, but now possible. Even then, the virtualization software was so sophisticated that it was possible to prevent the two operating systems from influencing one another. The technical prerequisites for the VPS server were therefore given from now on.
With the proliferation of websites, ways had to be found to host them efficiently. More and more storage space was required, the pages should be loaded faster and faster. Later, complex web applications could finally be executed in the browser, for example the online payment method giropay, audio-on-demand services or the online translation service DeepL. The properties of the virtual server, which the first providers brought onto the market around 2010, proved to be very advantageous. Due to the clear price structure, this type of web hosting quickly established itself.
Nowadays, server parks with virtual servers are no longer uncommon; the virtualization of physical computer systems saves hardware costs and thanks to flexible virtual servers, it is possible to respond to rapidly changing user requirements and, if necessary, to easily scale the system.
The advantages of a VPS
- The virtual server is cheaper than the dedicated server because many different users share a physical server - completely separated from each other by encapsulation; The provider thus saves costs, which results in a clearer and cheaper cost structure for you.
- Despite the encapsulation of individual V servers, virtual private servers provide a minimum level of performance at all times.
- The maintenance of the highest security standards of the virtualization platform is guaranteed by STRATO. Such a level of security is usually not given by providers of free V-servers.
- You get full admin access to your STRATO V-Server with root rights for your specific VPS and can install several applications there. You can optimize the server yourself, also in the form of installations. This includes, for example, new web server software, tools for performance monitoring and data backups. Compared to other offers, a V-Server offers a high degree of freedom and individual control.
So who is a VPS for?
V-Servers are particularly suitable for extensive web projects with higher hosting requirements. So if your project has relatively high access numbers but no budget for its own dedicated server, a virtual private server is usually a sensible alternative!
Disadvantages and limitations of a VPS
- Since individual "root" rights are granted for VPS, it is somewhat more demanding to administer virtual private servers. In contrast to shared hosting solutions - here the provider manages the server completely - the user of the virtual server has to do the configuration and updates and take care of security patches as well as data security and backups. The freedom to configure the entire system with the VPS is, however, an advantage with the appropriate prior knowledge.
- Compared to a dedicated server, however, V-Servers have limitations in terms of hardware usage and network resources.
- VPS servers cannot always be scaled quickly and endlessly, as would be possible with a cloud server, since the hypervisor only allocates a certain amount of resources. There are also other virtual servers installed on the physical machine that require capacity. The limits of a VPS are therefore where an exceptionally high performance of the hardware is required, such as in successful web projects in the 3D or MMO gaming area.
- Users who want to implement their own specific security requirements and value complete independence from other users as well as more resources just for their own project are better advised to use a dedicated server than a VPS.
In contrast to shared hosting, hosting a website using a virtual private server requires certain basic knowledge of the application. Complex web projects for which no extensive budget is available, but which still require an individual hosting basis with simultaneous performance, are better served with a VPS with corresponding basic knowledge than with shared web hosting. You can set up smaller communities, blogs or online shops without any problems and let them grow with your business.
Here we have listed some areas of application for virtual servers:
- Websites with a medium flow of visitors that do not have to plan for a traffic peak
- Small to medium-sized online shops
- Provision of gaming sites (game servers) for medium-sized games / a medium number of players
- Hosting various media such as picture or video portals (media servers) to a limited extent
- Blogs and smaller forums
Windows vs. Linux operating system
Basically, the question arises: Would you prefer to use Windows or Linux as the operating system for your own VPS? The two operating systems differ in many ways, including when used for VPS. Linux uses far fewer resources than Windows, at least when Windows is not operated in an optimized manner. In addition, the use of Linux is particularly suitable when open source software is to be used, e.g. B. the programming language Python or the web framework Ruby on Rails. Windows, on the other hand, is more suitable for Windows-specific applications such as the general-purpose programming language C # or MS Access databases. Which operating system a user ultimately decides on also depends on the software that will be used in the future. Linux and Windows also usually differ in terms of costs: Linux is open-source and therefore usually much cheaper than a Windows version for V-Server providers, since the Windows license costs must be included in the offer.
The two operating systems also differ from one another in other aspects, e.g. B. in relation to the support offered, the control panel used and the degree ofEase of use. It is therefore worthwhile to take a closer look at the differentiating features of the individual operating systems for VPS before making a decision.V-Server for LinuxV-Server for Windows
Features of the STRATO V server
- Your data is on modern High-performance platforms HP3PAR with SSD storage for fast provision and backup.
- With the V-Servers from STRATO you can either sign up for a server with Windows (e.g. if you work with ASP and .NET Framework), or a V-Server with Linux decide.
- Full root rights: let your server take care of what you need and what you think is right.
- Of course, the V-Servers are from STRATO IPv6 ready.
- BackupControl protects you comprehensively against data loss with a certain number of backup slots. For advanced users, STRATO also offers an optional extension so that e.g. B. Backups can be created after a certain interval.
- Our Monitoring services allow you wide-ranging monitoring of your virtual server. If this or one of your services does not work 100 percent, you will be notified by email or optionally by SMS on request.
- The Plesk panel supports you in the administration of your virtual server through an extremely stable and secure execution. You also have the option of simplifying processes through automation. Numerous extra functions for other areas of application, such as installing security updates or updating the operating system, are also available.
Comprehensive security measures
Security is important in many ways. That is why STRATO has developed a security concept that provides all-round protection for your data:
- The STRATO data centers are located in Germany and are therefore subject to strict German data protection. The Certification according to DIN ISO 27001 is renewed every year by the TÜV. It guarantees the best physical and electronic security against failures and attackers from the network.
- With inclusive features like Monitoring services and the RecoveryManager you are always informed about the status of your V-Server and have immediate access to the server in the event of an emergency.
- Set with TUN or TAP VPN (Virtual Private Network) to your V-Server.
- A SSL certificate is included in every V-Server package. Additional certificates for your STRATO server can easily be booked with various validation procedures - DV, OV or EV.
- At STRATO you get the user-friendly administration tool Plesk for your V-Server, which supports you with the individual configuration of the server.
- Our data centers offer you the highest level of security hosted in Germany.
- We have fast server hardware. Thanks to the use of the modern high-performance platforms HP3PAR with SSD storage, your server data is provided particularly quickly.
- Our servers are of course IPv6 compatible.
- Every V-Server package includes a free SSL certificate. SSL encrypts all data transmissions so that they cannot be read by third parties - to protect your own and customer data.
- Whether Windows or Linux: You can choose the operating system for your V-Server with us.
- What new car should everyone avoid buying
- Why is Upwork a locked account
- Is Black Widow still alive
- What latitude is Auckland
- Suggest me which camera to buy
- How many MBAs are hired by Accenture?
- How is Quora helpful for Indians?
- Is lead crystal safe to the touch
- I was ashamed if I should go back
- Is democracy inherently regressive
- How do you feel about the government shutdown
- What does Viechnayia Lyubov mean in Russian
- Has Sean Spicer credibility
- What is the hardest dessert to make
- Why can't people stop being lazy?
- Are adaptogens good for you
- What plastic surgery did Hillary Clinton go through
- Where can I learn about historical linguistics
- Why is Islam full of threats
- How can I talk to Priyanka Chopra
- What is the whitest color
- Why are calico cats mostly female
- Which plants lower your testosterone levels
- How do I choose a degree