What are some ways to study 1

School-leaving qualifications: the entrance ticket to study

First, second and third education

The choice of courses is huge. But not every school leaving certificate gives you all the options. There are three types of university tires, which entitle you to study at different types of universities.

First educational path

1. General university entrance qualification
The general higher education entrance qualification (the "full" Abitur) is the certificate that one receives after successfully completing the upper level at the grammar school. The full Abitur can also be acquired at vocational high schools (e.g. technical, economic or social pedagogical high schools), technical high schools (only available in some federal states) or comprehensive schools.

Where can i study?
With this degree all doors are open. You have unrestricted university entrance qualifications (if the average corresponds to the NC)

2. The subject-related higher education entrance qualification
In contrast to the general Abitur, the certificate of the subject-related higher education entrance qualification limits the university entrance qualification to certain courses of study. The name says it all. The subject-related higher education entrance qualification is acquired after a final examination at a two-year vocational high school, a technical academy, at some vocational schools or at vocational colleges.

Where can i study?
The subject-related higher education entrance qualification entitles to study certain subjects at universities and to all subjects at most universities of applied sciences (the NC hurdle also applies here); whereby there may be special provisions in each federal state.

Often the subject-related higher education entrance qualification is confused with the "Fachabi". However, this is a slang term for the technical college entrance qualification.

3. University entrance qualification
The technical college entrance qualification is awarded after successful completion of a school and a job-related part: Pupils acquire the school part after completing the 11th grade of a higher school (e.g. vocational college, technical college, vocational school, etc. but also upper secondary level or grammar school).
With the G9 model, this rule applies after completing the 12th grade.

The job-related part of the advanced technical college entrance qualification consists of a one-year (in some federal states only six-month) internship, completed vocational training or an internship in the 11th grade of the technical college.

Where can i study?
Entitled to study at a university of applied sciences if the average corresponds to the current NC.

State-specific regulations: Except for Bavaria and Saxony.
In the federal states of Bavaria and Saxony, a technical college entrance qualification acquired through the upper level does not entitle you to study at the respective technical colleges.

Second educational path: catch up on school qualifications

Anyone who, as an adult, would still like to graduate from school after all, takes the second educational path. Whether part-time or full-time, whether at institutions such as evening school, adult education center, telekolleg, Kolleg or distance school - in Germany every school-leaving certificate can also be obtained at the second attempt.
You can find more information here>

Third educational path: Studying without a university entrance qualification

In all federal states, under certain conditions it is now possible to study without an Abitur. However, prior professional training is essential for non-high school graduates to study. A qualification in a recognized training occupation is the minimum requirement nationwide. In addition, the first-year students without a high school diploma are expected to have professional experience. However, the length of professional experience required for admission to a (technical) university varies from state to state. In addition to professional qualifications, there are often other admission requirements. These also vary. For example, some universities require an aptitude test, some a trial course, and still others the proof of a further training examination after the vocational training (e.g. master craftsman, business administrator, technician, etc.).
You can find more information here>