Boiled eggs are really great food
Are Hard Boiled Eggs Healthy?
Eggs are tasty and contain important nutrients. However, hard-boiled and soft-boiled eggs are not equally well tolerated. You should also pay attention to hygiene during preparation to prevent salmonella infection.
Hard-boiled eggs and their tolerance
What many people do not know: the digestibility of eggs depends on how they are prepared. Hard-boiled chicken eggs are more difficult to digest than soft-boiled ones, because the heat creates a firm structure in both the egg white and the yolk. Fried chicken eggs are also relatively difficult to digest. In terms of digestibility, soft-boiled eggs are therefore healthier than hard-boiled ones.
The consistency of boiled eggs depends on the cooking time and size. A soft-boiled egg of size M is available after a cooking time of three to four minutes. The egg yolk is then still liquid. After eight to nine minutes of cooking, the egg will harden and the yolk will harden. The longer you boil an egg, the firmer and drier it will be.
Chicken eggs are healthy and contain important nutrients
A chicken egg is basically a healthy food. It contains biologically high quality protein, hardly any carbohydrates and little fat. About a third of the fat consists of lecithin and cholesterol.
It also contains the important vitamins A, D, E, K and B12 as well as riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid. The minerals calcium and iron are also noteworthy. Due to their low fat content and high-quality protein, eggs are very suitable for weight loss and dieting.
How Much Cholesterol is in an Egg?
A chicken egg weighing 58 grams contains around 200 milligrams of cholesterol. Cholesterol is not unhealthy when consumed in moderation, because it fulfills vital functions in the human organism. Cholesterol is a structure-giving substance in every cell in the body. It also forms an important basis for the formation of sex hormones and the body's own steroids.
According to new findings from the American health authorities, healthy people could hardly overdose on cholesterol, since the body has sufficient protective mechanisms of its own. The influence of cholesterol on the blood cholesterol level is therefore negligible. As a result, eating eggs can hardly affect blood cholesterol levels. If you have to eat low-cholesterol for health reasons, you should still reduce your consumption.
If you want to eat healthily, you don't have to go without a breakfast egg. However, eggs should not be on the menu every day: The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends three chicken eggs per week.
Proper storage and hygiene prevent salmonella
It happens again and again that people become infected with salmonella and develop salmonellosis. Salmonella can get inside the eggs through dirty eggshells and multiply there. The more improperly eggs are used or stored, the faster this happens.
To prevent salmonella from becoming a health hazard, you should follow these tips:
- Buy eggs as fresh as possible.
- Store eggs in the refrigerator.
- Only use fresh eggs for raw consumption.
- Avoid raw eggs in summer, for example in tiramisu. Salmonella multiply faster in warm temperatures.
- Consume chicken eggs with damaged shells immediately and reheat them well.
- Fry the scrambled eggs well and fry the fried eggs on both sides.
- Wash your hands after coming into contact with raw eggs and stop using kitchen utensils that you used for raw eggs on other foods.
- Why should there be only one religion?
- How old is South India
- Are apples healthy
- What animals are silent, but deadly
- We fear insecurity
- You can overdose 8 Tylenol 3
- How did you feel about white supremacy?
- After the 10th, these are the best studies
- I will rent bicycles in Pondicherry
- Which companies are guilty of robbery pricing?
- Why is gasoline short
- What is LibGDX Android
- What assumptions does theology make
- Why does Erdogan want to invade Syria
- How are steering wheels made
- Where WooCommerce shipping classes can be used
- How is Trump's bone spur today
- How Do Cashiers Use Math Why
- ADHD qualifies for IEP
- What are program management skills
- What does Dr. Vivek Bindra on
- How to activate McAfee LiveSafe
- How do I improve my ability to concentrate
- What is the most popular browser game?
- Up to what level can you get PSIT?
- Did Queen Esther really exist?
- What is color coding
- What Are Some Good Chemistry Journals
- How can horror films be improved
- How to buy a bond
- Should I kick soccer in high school?
- J2EE has more employment opportunities
- Why don't you like coffee
- The police are still making confessions