Is it worth learning EmberJS
Deutsche Homepage · English Homepage
STRAVID - building software together.
Ember.js is a framework for creating complex web apps. Beginners need to learn not only the framework but also additional concepts at the beginning.
Although there are models, views and controllers, the Ember.js architecture is significantly different from MVC frameworks from the server area such as Ruby on Rails. An Ember.js application is more like a desktop application.
In addition to these new concepts, a lot of Ember.js code is also generated automatically. Here, too, there is a big difference to generators from the Ruby on Rails world. The generated code is not saved as a file. Instead, it all happens directly in memory during runtime. As a programmer, you don't see what code Ember.js generates itself.
So if you stick to the Ember.js conventions, you often hardly have to write any code yourself. For experienced users, this is a great thing. However, this causes a lot of headache for beginners.
So what's the best way to learn Ember.js?
The best and fastest variant is the "Fire Up Ember.js" screencast from PeepCode. It's not free at $ 12, but there's no better way to learn Ember.js right now. This screencast shows how to use Ember.js as intended by the inventors. That’s gold.
The official Ember.js guides are getting better every day. Here you can read and learn everything. Due to the amount of information, however, it is difficult to find the relevant things that show you how to program an application with the Ember.js conventions.
Ember.js screencasts have been published on embercasts since mid-May. The screencasts are produced by the community and offered free of charge. They are a good addition to the official Ember.js resources as they also cover more specific topics such as authentication.
With Google you can find many Ember.js tutorials on a wide variety of topics. But be careful here! Since the API of Ember.js has changed a lot in the last months / weeks, many tutorials are wrong because they use outdated versions of Ember.js.
Before you take a tutorial to heart, you should definitely check which version of Ember.js is being used and, if necessary, check the documentation to see if anything has changed.
CoffeeScript, SASS and Production Code
The same is true if you want to save your templates in separate files. All of this requires tools that take care of the processing of these files.
At the moment there is no sophisticated solution that has emerged. Until that happens, everyone has to look at the existing solutions for themselves and choose the one that best suits their workflow. There are the following solutions:
Last updated: July 06, 2013
Do you have any questions, ideas or suggestions? I like to read from you and look forward to an exchange of thoughts. Write to me at [email protected] and say “Hello”.
- What's the best introduction to Clojure
- Your Facebook video is getting organic views
- What happened to the old technology
- Why is the WWE pushing for Roman rule
- Why is Amazon going to take over Ripple
- What does case logic mean
- Will you gold your Apple Watch?
- What is the day of overshooting the earth
- What happens if I smoke cheese
- Why is Toro Sushi so expensive
- Is Game of Thrones racist
- What problems do you find in Bhagalpur
- How does e-procurement create added value
- What are some current affairs
- Are Forex Signals Worth It?
- What is it like to be a womanizer
- Which means I'm right as rain
- What counts as a bat
- How is Galgotia's University of Engineering Awards
- What are the SEO activities in 2018
- If the liquid limit has a negative value
- How can I get subscribers easily
- What are the best wedding magazines
- Can hackers infiltrate police records?