Why is emotional branding important
Emotional marketing: how your brand becomes a love brand
80% of all purchase decisions are made emotionally! An effective and strategically structured emotional design can turn your brand into a “favorite brand”, a so-called love brand, beyond awareness. This guarantees loyal and long-term customers. In the following article we give tips on how you can make your brand more emotional and turn your company into a love brand.
What is Emotional Marketing?
Emotional marketing is about marketing products or services by triggering feelings that should lead to a long-term good relationship between your brand and your customer. Emotional marketing not only creates trust, it helps your brand to stay positive in your customers' minds.
Why Emotional Marketing Works So Well
Customers justify their decision for a brand with rational explanations such as price, relevance or benefit - but this only follows after the emotional decision in favor of the product. It has been found that almost 99% of the time, consumers choose a product or service based on an impulse or an emotion. That's the best reason to turn your brand into an emotional one as quickly as possible. Emotional branding is a marketing tool to leave a lasting positive impression on your customers. In extreme cases, the popularity of a brand can go up to such a strong bond that people are even ready to queue for hours for new editions of products or to pay very high prices (example: Harry Potter books or the iPhone).
But how do you manage to build a good relationship, establish closeness to the customer and pass on emotions? And what does an emotional brand really bring?
What are the advantages of emotional marketing?
- Loyal and loyal customers
- Greater reach of your brand
- Larger customer base
- Increase in sales
- Cult status
Use emotions for effective marketing that touches your customers
BBC StoryWorks, the content marketing arm of BBC Advertising, is currently testing the subconscious response of consumers to BBC.com. The study Engagement The Science of Engagement ’looks at how companies can use emotional marketing to create a deeper connection with consumers. Among other things, the study measures the facial movements of people to the second as soon as they are confronted with information from the brand in order to log the real feelings and reactions.
Emotional marketing has been shown to trigger deeper feelings in consumers than conventional advertising and standard strategies. That speaks for a deeper relationship and greater awareness of the brand. We have summarized the eight points of the BBC's emotional marketing strategy:
8 steps to effective emotional marketing
- Triggering deep emotions strengthens the subconscious connection to a product or service
Deep emotions are permanently anchored in our heads. In the future, certain things, situations or unconscious perceptions can trigger these emotions. This human quality can be used to make your own brand unforgettable.
- Design campaign goals that will trigger deep emotions
The goal of emotional marketing is not to sell the product or service (of course that is the goal of every entrepreneur, but shouldn't become the goal of the campaign's impact) The feeling of the consumer is much more in the foreground. What does the customer feel after seeing the advertisement, advertisement or billboard?
This effect shapes the brand image.
- Influence - but don't confuse!
There is nothing worse than a customer who leaves the website or the store confused. “The main thing is that people are talking about you” does not count here. Such an impression remains for a long time, but unfortunately it is passed on and drives away potential new customers.
- It is sometimes more appropriate to evoke lighter emotions
Now and then it doesn't make sense to stimulate deep emotions. Simple, ephemeral feelings also create a lasting impression. The well-known "surprise effect" is not as profound as sadness or fear, but leaves a lasting positive impression.
- Content-oriented marketing helps to create and strengthen storage structures
Content Marketing maintains, advises and delivers meaningful information for the customer. The focus in content marketing is always on the target group and the topic. In addition to the emotional aspect, there must also be added value for the customer. This is the only way to keep the content positive in the memory.
- Make sure your brand gets noticed
Only when the content is understood and absorbed will the customer's emotions be retained. The process of perception, divided into recording, classification, selection and interpretation, ensures a profound and multi-layered understanding (deep set of meaning) for the consumer.
- Creating the right emotions results in a viral social media campaign
As already mentioned, emotions are gladly passed on. With a positive impression and in the face of today's social media age, also online. Fortunately, confusing or unsettling campaigns are not worth “Like”. Success can be measured through Facebook and Co.
- Videos drive brand equity upwards
It has been proven that paying attention to emotional marketing is up to 4x more effective when videos are involved. Videos are the future of content marketing, and companies must by no means neglect their impact. 64% of all online users worldwide now use video portals.
Which emotional marketing makes sense?
As always, the focus here is on the target group. What does the target group want? What does she feel when she holds your product in her hands, what does she get after purchasing your service? Is it freedom Or pure luck? Or unlimited joy? When looking for the right sensations, it is safe to exaggerate a little. If you stay realistic, no product will sell very well. Or does BMW sell so many cars because they simply say: "Our car will get you from A to B. And if you have an accident, it is not that bad because we use good steel." Probably not. Many people know the feeling of independence with their first own car. The feeling of finally being free. BMW is taking precisely this feeling with the “Driving pleasure” campaign and depicts it (exaggerated) in the commercials. Measured against the happy face of the driver, the endless, wide landscapes, the music of the commercial ... All these small features solve the problem Viewer certain emotions.
Now, of course, you have to ask yourself which sensation you want to offer. Does it make sense to aim for a feeling of freedom when selling massages? The focus here is rather on "relaxation" or "time out". Take a close look at your target group under these aspects and you will quickly realize which feeling is important to you in their place.
How can you make your brand more emotional?
Pay attention to where emotional branding is hiding in your daily environment. And how you react to it! Watch out for advertisements, posters, ads, and websites. Everywhere there are suggestions for your own new emotional branding of your company.
Consider the rules for an emotional design:
- The feeling is always in the foreground.
- The product has to reflect this feeling
- Address your target group clearly: tell an emotional story
- Do not confuse!
- Arouse deep emotions in your customer
- Do not list the advantages of your product, but the added value for the customer
A successful marketing strategy always depends on triggering positive emotions in your customers. You will quickly notice how your target group responds to emotional branding and what advantages you can derive from it.
Tell us about your experiences and write a comment on our blog.
- What does the term puppet government mean
- Biomedical engineering is a good program
- What are some of your sleep rituals
- Can you make cotton candy
- Pointers for the first semester are important for placement
- What is the most popular drug among business owners
- Who is Darth Plagueis
- What are the latest coupons for 1 mg
- Which typically causes numbness
- Why do I see ghosts
- How do teachers have so much patience
- What happens when a call comes in on voicemail
- Is Joe Biden for illegal immigration
- Who is your favorite character and why
- Methamphetamine is cheap to get
- What is the future of the style of music
- What are program management skills
- Why not buy from McDonalds
- Why Are Dell Laptops More Expensive
- How is Ramagya School Noida doing
- Can beat Black Panther Superman
- Are all Jews the sons of Israel
- Where does the hydrogen go during glycolysis?
- What is Madvacharya's Dvaita Siddantha
- Is China happy with Russia?
- What is Herman Melville known for?
- Can transcendental meditation increase IQ
- How does the charge flow in a wire?
- How do I download Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- Deliver Club Factory to Visakhapatnam
- Where is Ohm's law violated?
- Hunt for food
- Canadians still trust Trudeau in 2019