Where is customer service in Walmart
This is how Walmart wants to outdo Amazon
New York The competition between the online retailer Amazon and the largest retailer Walmart is entering the next round. After Amazon received approval from the FAA this week to deliver small packages with drones, Walmart has announced that it will be placing purchases directly in customers' refrigerators in the future.
With the new service, Walmart goes one step further than Amazon Key, where suppliers previously parked their purchases in front of the door or in the garage.
For a long time it looked as if Walmart was oversleeping the trend towards e-commerce. But in the last few years the Arkansas company has caught up massively. Walmart has not only bought and integrated the online retailer Jet. It has also significantly improved and strengthened its own presence on the Internet.
In order to keep up with Amazon's fast delivery times, Walmart has recently started guaranteeing next-day delivery for certain products. In addition, customers have been able to order online for some time and collect their prepacked shopping bags in front of the supermarket. A model that Amazon has imitated with its Whole Foods supermarket chain.
These customer-centric strategies apparently also ensured that Walmart increased its online sales in the USA by more than 40 percent again last year.
Now Walmart customers should be able to have their fridge refilled directly with "InHome Delivery". The suppliers who have access to the customer's kitchens must have worked for Walmart for at least a year. Exact technical details are not yet known. Walmart only announced that it would use a technology to open doors and equip the employees with cameras.
Amazon Key's program is based on the “Smart Garage” or “Smart Lock” technology. These electronic door locks work with number codes and are connected to a camera, which ensures that suppliers only put the package in and not clear out the apartment.
Walmart plans to initially offer its new in-home service to one million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach, Florida this fall.
More: Amazon makes record profits - and promises “Prime” customers delivery within 24 hours.
- What are the cons of participating in Caltech
- Is it possible to have emotional PSTD?
- How many mechanical keyboards do you have
- Technically, a Bundt cake is a donut
- Why am I so sensitive
- MBA is a technical education
- Should be bought clothes in thrift stores
- What is the future of deepfake
- Should I follow my crush on Twitter
- What qualifies for project management experience
- Why do we use PHP FPM
- Can you hack someone for me
- What are azo dyes
- Why are people afraid of Hungary
- What percentage of NY voted for Trump?
- IIT also offers MBA
- Yoga cures PCOS
- Why are some people backwards
- Love long haul flights
- How do I dance without feeling unsafe
- What is redundancy in aircraft design
- Are computer engineering and an MCA equivalent
- What are some hard edge rock music
- Can I get my photos?
- Why were people dissatisfied with Hinduism
- Martial arts are popular in the UK
- How does rain affect the relative humidity?
- Why are albinos so sensitive to light
- Coffee stains your teeth
- Does DNA storage come in handy
- What are saris in digital printing
- Did the Vikings abuse women
- What is the Voldemort project