Do people ever break the tenth commandment
Jews have 613 rules of life. They are called mitzvot. According to tradition, God gave them to Moses on Mount Sinai. The Ten Commandments are particularly important to the Jews. In Greek they are called the Decalogue. Literally translated it means "the ten words". They say in short form:
You will ...
1. ... recognize God as Lord and Deliverer from Egypt
2. ... only believe in one god and not imagine what he looks like
3. ... honor God's name
4. ... rest on Shabbat and celebrate it
5. Honor your parents
6. ... don't murder
7. ... do not commit adultery
8. ... don't steal
9. ... don't say wrong things about others
10. ... don't envy anyone.
These commandments do not only describe how to deal with God. They also provide information about morality. They explain to people what is good and right and what is bad and wrong when dealing with one another. With these commandments, Judaism has shaped the entire human civilization, because they apply as they are or in a modified form in many countries and also in other religions.
The Christians have also adopted the Ten Commandments as basic rules for interpersonal behavior, because their beliefs arose from Judaism and is based on the same Bible.
Rabbi Hillel names the most important commandment: Love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev. 19:18) In this commandment, according to his teaching, all commandments and the entire Torah are summarized.
Your questions about the rules of life in Judaism
Does a Jew have to report injustice?
Do you have to go to the synagogue if you are Jewish?
What is the everyday life of a Jewish child like?
- How did Christopher Langan get so smart?
- How can France lead the EU
- How is the weather in Pilani
- Who is the hottest Tollywood heroine
- What does the Lipid group do
- What is the technology stack behind Declara
- Religious people are generally fooled into why
- What is psychological evidence of spirituality
- What have people successfully genetically modified?
- What does Zina
- What is the bright ink marked cards
- What about Apple and iCloud
- Can breastfeeding mothers take pantoprazole
- Is Slack better than CoTap
- Why is Great Britain doing nothing today?
- What are Groupons' conversion rates
- India is the next center for entrepreneurs
- DSLR is a must for good photography
- Make goats like cheese
- How does it feel to build airplanes?
- What apps does the world need next?
- How does an ant produce formic acid
- Can we make a transparent metal
- How do objects keep their shape?