Are large Japanese companies essentially state-owned
The slim Japanese state
In a phase in which the state seems to be caught between a flood of tasks and strict finances, and its desolate financial situation is becoming increasingly painful for parts of the population, ways are needed that give the state back its ability to act at least partially without overtaxing him financially. In this volume, Japan is presented as a country that stands out for two things: compared to industrialized countries, the state spends little in relation to economic output, and its productivity does not seem to suffer as a result. Based on the lean production concept, we have called this combination the phenomenon of the "lean state". If one takes into account the - as we think justified - criticism of the term "lean production" as whitewashing, the use of the formulation "lean state" is probably also rather unfortunate and suitable for being nominated as "Unword of the Year". The problem also applies here: "slim" has positive associations that are hardly verified. What does "slim" mean? Is it the tight finances, is it the reduced tasks? And above all: what about the results? Are they really that great? In view of these unanswered questions and a considerable skepticism about the success of state action in Japan, colleagues have proposed "the lean Japanese state" or "the austerity state" as an alternative.
Population Education System Relief Rule Ideology Legitimation Modernization Nation Privatization Welfare State State Role Model
Editors and affiliations
- Gesine Foljanty-Jost
- Anna-Maria Thränhardt
- 1. Hall Germany
- 2.Münster, Germany
- Book TitleThe slim Japanese state
- Book Subtitle Role Model or Horror?
- Editors Gesine Foljanty-Jost
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-322-95988-1
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 1995
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN978-3-8100-1270-8
- Softcover ISBN978-3-322-95989-8
- eBook ISBN978-3-322-95988-1
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 232
- Number of Illustrations10 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Which measurement methods are used in physics
- How can I see friends online 1
- What was your favorite food this summer
- What's your favorite MCU fanfic
- What work does a rocket nozzle do
- How do I choose a degree
- How many mistranslations are there in the Bible?
- What is your experience with plagiarism
- What types of zoonoses do frogs have
- Is Estonia Nordic or Scandinavian
- Why don't Photoshops tools work
- Do you think Theresa May is being fooled?
- Is there anything useful
- Which companies use Kamon
- How quickly will cigarettes be banned?
- Who wants to play Call of Duty
- Can you decipher the word VAAATR?
- How do I design a CMS website
- Can I get my Fitbit Flex wet?
- Why are libertarians disproportionately masculine
- Narcissists sleep with their siblings
- Who is Laura Kuensberg
- Why is the Bitcoin price changing?
- When will Houston outperform Chicago?