When does muscle strength begin to decrease?
How to get muscle mass in the diet? (Training, nutrition)
The most important task of training in the diet is to provide the stimulus for maintaining the muscles. Anyone who has laboriously built up lean muscle mass for a few years does not want to lose it again during a diet. There are two key factors in maintaining muscle mass:
the essentials in brief
- Keep training weights high, Volume (sets per week) by up to 50% to 66% to reduce.
- enough protein in food (~ 2-3 g / kg body weight)
1. Training: keep the intensity high!
The most important stimulus for the body to maintain its muscles is that it continues to receive a training stimulus.
The worst thing you can do is drop the weights and exercise less. However, you don't have to continue to train as you needed to build muscle.
You can reduce your weekly volume (sets per week) to 1/3 of the volume that was necessary for the build-up. At least if you've been training at high volume.
Tavares et al. have shown that intermediate beginners were able to maintain their built-up muscle mass and strength for 8 weeks after reducing training from 24 sets per week to 8 per week.1Tavares LD, de Souza EO, Ugrinowitsch C, Laurentino GC, Roschel H, Aihara AY, Cardoso FN, Tricoli V. Effects of different strength training frequencies during reduced training period on strength and muscle cross-sectional area. Eur J Sport Sci. 2017 Jul; 17 (6): 665-672. doi: 10.1080 / 17461391.2017.1298673. Epub 2017 Mar 19. PubMed PMID: 28316261.
It doesn't matter whether you train once a week or twice a week. As long as the weekly volume is the same.
Recommended training reduction from Fitness-Experts.de:
Keep training weights high, reduce volume (sets per week) by up to 50% to 66%.
In our BURN diet, for example, we use 50% of the weekly volume in the training plans, as is necessary for optimal muscle building. Since the BURN diet works with a moderate deficit, you can exercise more there. And better safe than sorry.
In the high speed diet, on the other hand, we actually reduce the training volume by 66%. Due to the high dietary stress, you only do what is necessary to maintain muscle.
Concrete example: An athlete exercises his chest twice a week with 4 × 8 repetitions of bench press with 90 kg followed by 2 × 12 repetitions of dips (body weight). He does 12 sets a week for the chest with it.
While on a diet, he can reduce his training to once a week with 2 × 8 repetitions of bench presses with 90 kg followed by 2 × 12 repetitions of dips (body weight). This corresponds to 4 sentences per week (33% of 12 sentences). This is a sufficient stimulus to hold the muscles - provided there is an adequate supply of protein. It is important not to lower the training weight.
2. Diet: Sufficient protein
There is a general lack of energy in the body during a diet. Since the muscles serve as energy stores for the body, it will use these protein deposits when it deems it necessary. The biggest problem with poor diets and also the reason for rapid muscle breakdown: insufficient protein intake.
If you add the protein with the food, this problem disappears. The body does not have to tackle its own protein stores. Consequently, the basic building block of a good diet is a protein intake of around 1.7-3 g / kg body weight.
Read more details here:How much protein do I need per day? The optimal amount
With a high protein intake you also benefit from good satiety (which can be crucial during a diet), as well as the highest TEF value of all 3 macronutrients.
3. The time after the diet
Basically, you should always give yourself a transition period of about two weeks between a hard diet or build-up phase. So do not start a heavily calorie-restricted diet straight away from the hard build-up phase. The hormonal adjustments take time.
In addition, it is not uncommon to see muscle gains in the maintenance phase after the build-up phase. This effect would rather be diminished by an immediate diet.
The same applies the other way around: After a diet lasting several weeks, the hormonal milieu of the body is adapted to the stress of losing weight. High cortisol levels, low leptin levels, and a slightly reduced metabolic rate take time to normalize. In addition, the glycogen stores and other energy substrates in the muscles tend to be depleted.
It makes sense to slowly get your body used to the original training volume again. A slow but continuous increase in volume has proven its worth.
This means nothing more than that a sentence is added here and there from training to training. This is especially important when transitioning from a diet phase to a build-up phase.
More interesting articles
- Lyle Mcdonald: "Weight Training for Fat Loss" Part 1, Part 2
Let the fat melt slowly?
The BURN diet is not a single diet, but rather a concept. It shows you various cyclical diet structures - you decide which of them best suits you and your circumstances.
The goal is always one thing: Slowly melt fat with a weight loss of approx. 0.3-0.5 kg per week with the lowest possible metabolic adjustments and high training performance despite diet.
What advantages does the Ebook on the BURN diet offer you?
- Clear information on nutrition: You know exactly what to eat and when.
- 1-5x training per week: You decide how often you train.
- Flexible training: You decide whether you train strength, endurance or play and martial arts. Loose cardio optionally up to 3 times a week.
- Refeeds & diet breaks: You have enough recovery and power for a high training performance.
Lose fat as quickly as possible?
With the high speed diet are 1-2 kg per week Fat loss possible. Quick successes ensure a great motivation boost!
Get started immediately following detailed instructions instead of laboriously gathering everything together. Absolute security and guarantees optimal results without the yo-yo effect, unnecessary hunger and muscle loss, etc.
What advantages does the HSD ebook offer you?
- Clear rules & instructions for losing weight quickly: You are definitely doing everything right.
- Consideration of individual factors: The HSD adapts to you.
- Training at home AND in the gym possible: It's your choice.
- 3 HSD-compliant training plans: The training plans guarantee optimal training while losing weight quickly.
- 60 HSD-compliant recipes: The additional HSD cookbook guarantees you optimal recipes for quick weight loss.
- Detailed explanations: You understand why you should be doing something about losing weight quickly.
- Tips and Tricks: Even when things get tricky, you know how to pull off the HSD.
- How beautiful I am like every girl
- What are some life hacks for aspies
- Why does the voice age
- What do lizards eat
- What is displacement acceleration
- Has the US medical accounting system been damaged?
- What are some study tips and hacks
- How are Starbursts packed individually
- What is meant by a quadratic equation
- Is the unit step function periodic
- What if we eat aloe vera
- Is a DDS a bachelor's degree
- What is the discount factor formula
- What is H O H.
- What makes children future leaders
- What are current examples of unicorn businesses
- Which is a better printer
- What will investment bankers do in 2020
- Which insect makes a high-pitched noise?
- Which is the fastest car in the world
- What are some bands like Rammstein?
- How can I make an animation video
- New computers come with Microsoft Word
- Telenor is a multinational company