Should I do this job please advise
Information in the area of management & consulting.
Knowledge & requirements.
Which subjects are suitable?
The area of responsibility in management is broad. There is therefore no mandatory course of study to become a manager. The most common way is to study economics or business studies, i.e. business administration and economics. There is also the option of studying General Management or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at special universities. The MBA is particularly suitable as a lateral entry for graduates who have completed a non-economics degree but have professional experience. By specializing in a particular field of study, such as personnel management, event management or health management, you can prepare for a certain industry during your studies. Another large proportion of the managers are the scientists and engineers.
The management course imparts a broad knowledge in various areas:
- Business administration
- Corporate governance
- Human Resources Management
- Business English
How important is international experience?
How important international experience actually is when starting a career in management depends immensely on the desired industry and the respective company. A stay abroad, for example during your studies, is not a basic requirement, but in most cases it is advantageous. Managers with international experience are in great demand among HR professionals, not least because they deepen their language skills: a stay abroad promotes your personal development and presents you with special challenges. Experience abroad promotes personal qualities and soft skills, which are essential for a manager.
Which soft skills do I need?
Each position has its own requirement profile. Which soft skills are desired depends on the professional field and company. Basically, however, there are a number of business skills that are crucial for a managerial position and that you should clearly highlight in your application. This includes:
- Communication skills & rhetoric: The ability to express yourself comprehensibly and in a recipient-oriented manner and thus to be able to better interpret messages from others. This also includes non-verbal communication such as facial expressions, gestures and posture.
- Planning & organizational talent: Organize work processes in such a way that the best results can be achieved in the shortest possible time.
- Leadership & motivational talent: The basis for optimally organizing employees and setting action in motion. This includes professional presence and charisma.
- Resilience & willingness to work: The manager's everyday life can sometimes be exhausting and demanding. However, if you are passionate about your job and show a high level of commitment, management is just right for you.
- Decision-making power: The willingness to take on the role of a decision maker and to choose the procedures that will most effectively advance a company.
- Ability to work in a team: Constructive work in a team instead of stoic solo efforts is required.
- Analytical thinking: Recognize, structure and correctly interpret relationships.
- Emotional intelligence: Intuitive skills in dealing with colleagues, active listening and openness to criticism and creative perspectives in order to increase productivity.
How important is practical experience?
After studying business administration or management, it is customary to gain initial practical experience in an internship or trainee program and to set foot on the doorstep of the company.
First work experience is also a keyword when it comes to the MBA course. Since the study program particularly consists of combining theory and practice, an MBA without first practical experience does not make sense and should rather be seen as an advanced level. The MBA is aimed primarily at graduates without a business degree who want to prepare for a management position.
- What is your toilet app
- How did Monet influence later artists?
- What makes IIT Bombay so special
- Why are there American banks in Mexico
- What are dream careers in your countries
- Can enthalpy be negative
- When did Car Talk start on NPR
- Technically, a Bundt cake is a donut
- What is the FIFO contribution in operational management
- What figure skating couples have romantic relationships
- Which country stopped the genocide of the Armenians?
- Which are the baited newspapers in India
- What is the name of a native Bangkoker
- Why is codeine often mixed with paracetamol
- Is communism state socialism
- What does FRD mean for unemployment
- What is the culture of Nagpur city
- How can MySQL read database files
- What are some underrated facts about Seattle
- How can I learn Internet product management
- How to find podcasters to find agents
- Do televisions have a loud sound
- Can a kid be a zombie
- What are the best Errol Flynns films