Which interview time slot is the best
When interviewers ask about a time slot for availability, they often ask why I'm unavailable during times when I haven't made a list.
I had a telephone interview and at the end of the interview the interviewer asked when I would be available for a face-to-face interview. Since he gave me a choice, I said I preferred afternoon and evening. He clarified this (and mentioned that they would not be there in the evening) and said, "Why not in the morning?". My answer was I have to run errands in the morning, but if he really needs it, I'll be sure to come in. He said, "Oh no, I was just wondering why not in the morning."
I mentioned that I would be available 9-5 for the actual job.
It was for a part-time student position at the university.
I just wonder if it is customary for interviewers to question the times that I am unavailable.
I have never been asked this question in 30 years of interview. Personally, I think it's none of their business. Even so, I wouldn't be offended or upset and would answer it honestly.
There are several ways he would ask this:
- Ask if you already have a job.
- You are wondering if you have obligations that you cannot change for the job.
- He might be wondering if you are unavailable in the morning because of a hangover. You'd be surprised how many people would freely admit that they like to hang out in bars at night.
- He might just be trying to get a general sense of your personality and make small talk.
Personally, I would guess # 1 or # 4. Anyway, don't sweat it.
I would only have replied with "all the personal tasks I like to do in the morning". I've never been asked this question by an interviewer in over 40 years of work, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it either.
When he asked when you were available, did you mention afternoons or evenings. That's a strange reaction to me as jobs usually end between 9am and 5am. The question of whether I would like to be available for an interview in the evening sounds a bit outside the box.
So he probably tried to find you out without asking.
- Who wrote thong songs
- How effective is tattoo removal
- What online boutique has fashion collections
- Is terrorism a 20th century innovation?
- Why is the lethal injection considered inhuman?
- Should judges decide whether to kill people
- What are the interesting activities in Bangalore
- What would cause neon yellow snot?
- Why do companies allow smoking breaks
- What is the function of a wave
- Why is truth important in life
- Why are friends in the distance behaving coldly
- What is your rating of KiSSFLOW
- What is before the common macaw
- Do you want a different spouse
- How do I feel that I exist
- Spicy foods strengthen your immune system
- What is the opposite of a psychopath
- Was Ted Bundy actually a psychopath?
- What can a physics major do
- What are some reasons for feeling invalid?
- What are your favorite ships in Haikyuu
- Trace tracking apps on Android
- Can transcendental meditation increase IQ