Can you cut graphs
Reading time: 4 min
A straight line is a straight line that we draw in the coordinate system. It is described by a functional equation such as.
Two straight lines can intersect at one, zero or several points. We consider these cases below.
As is already known, the normal form of a linear function is given as:
If we now have two linear functions, we can investigate the position of both lines in relation to one another.
There are three cases:
- Exactly one intersection
- No intersection
- Infinite number of intersections
Let's take a closer look at the cases.
If we have two straight lines and are interested in their position in relation to one another, we have to equate the functional equations.
Equate means we have to write them side by side in the form of an equation:. If we solve the resulting equation, several cases can arise for the solution:
1. Exactly one solution comes out. → We have exactly one point of intersection.
2. The equation is untrue. No solution. → We don't have an intersection. The straight lines are parallel.
3. The equation is always true. An infinite number of solutions. → The straight lines lie on top of one another (they are identical).
Illustration on the graph
The following figure shows all possible solutions with examples of function graphs.
and have an intersection
and have no intersection
and have an infinite number of intersections.
Next, let's look at how we can computationally determine intersections.
- What are some 90s kids game shows
- Is it legal to post lyric videos
- Why is creative destruction important
- Offers Shoolini MBA students an internship
- What does my dream mean 25
- How strict is Riyadh
- What's your favorite coffee flavor
- Vaseline is used for psoriasis on the scalp
- What are reputable bicycle brands in Switzerland
- How does rain affect the relative humidity?
- How energetic do I feel during my studies
- What is biomineralization
- Musicians have to tour
- How was cloud computing developed
- How was Scentsy founded in 2003
- Can I chat with anyone using Messenger
- What makes Uruguay such a progressive country
- Why did ISIS hate the US
- Why is Israel smart
- Pays Tesla Motors dividends
- What is the Telugu movie
- What makes New York so alive
- Will the Republican Party ever evict anyone
- Who was Mandy Patinkin
- What is the name of CrossFit WODs
- DeMatha is a good school
- Meswak toothpaste is useful to whiten teeth
- Deja Vu has been proven by science
- What is ISO 17025 2017
- How can someone make money blogging
- How can the Amazon brakes be stopped?
- What is linear separability in neural networks
- How do I buy Bitcoins through Bitindia