Has Elvis Presley ever met Marilyn Monroe
The two biggest sex symbols of the 20 fans have romanticized for years about a connection between Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe for th century. One can only wonder what would have happened if Elvis and Marilyn had crossed in the late 1950s or early 1960s. Surely they would have had a hot love affair - well, not exactly.
The two icons of the 20th century, pop culture, actually corresponded once. In June 1960, Marilyn Monroe was 34 years old and just divorced her third husband, Arthur Miller. She happened to be on the same film lot one day as the King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley, fresh from his release from the Army in March, was shooting GI Blues.
Joe Esposito, who worked for Elvis as his right-hand man after his return from his military service in Germany, recalled the brief meeting: “One time he and I went to the locker room at Paramount Studios and she [Marilyn Monroe] was walking at the same time towards us and there he met her. It was just a nice little chat. He gave her a hug and all that stuff ... Probably for about 3 minutes and that was it. "
That's it? Surely there had to be more! In fact, a former assistant to Colonel Parker, Byron Raphael, claimed that Elvis and Marilyn had a love affair for one night. However, his story has been discredited by Presley's entourage and many other Elvis experts. After biographer Alanna Nash interviewed Raphael, she only confirmed in her book Baby Let's Play House that there was a brief meeting between Presley and Monroe, similar to what Esposito describes.
It is very unlikely that Presley and Monroe would have spoken to each other while investigating the reality. Elvis, then 25 years old, preferred younger women. He had just left a 14-year-old girl named Priscilla Beaulieu in Germany and returned to live with his 22-year-old friend Anita Wood in Memphis. Additionally, in his free time in Hollywood, he would soon be casually dating Sandy Ferra, another 14-year-old woman. Meanwhile, Marilyn was nine years older than Elvis and preferred older men like her ex-husbands Arthur Miller and Joe DiMaggio.
Unfortunately, this pop culture fantasy, in which Elvis and Marilyn were romantically involved, had no chance in reality. Ironically, the film that starred Marilyn Monroe earlier that year featured Let's Make Love, an Elvis Presley impersonator, as a character in the movie's plot. Marilyn and a fake on-screen Elvis are the closest the world would have ever seen with these two superstars.
Have you always wanted to know what a king does in Germany?
Then visit them
- How can someone learn basic music
- Why were Muslims expelled from Spain?
- Why are people so confused about PEMDAS
- How many shows have you seen
- Is punk really dead
- What was the CIA doing in Benghazi
- Are Nokia phones better than Gionne
- Will offer VIT GRE and GATE coaching
- What is a BPM tool
- How to write a bad article
- Which metal is used for the heating element
- Removes oxygen from boiling water
- How does our brain count seconds?
- International tourists generally visit unsafe places
- Which gas produced less smoke than CFCs
- Why do we put down the achievements of the people
- Why do we borrow a language?
- Why does the specific viscosity have no unit
- Who owns Lidl
- What are costovertebral joints
- Why was Jinnah called community and selfish
- What's wrong with my computer 1
- Recycling bottles really does something good
- What should America do about Trump