What kind of company is Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, also as Jio is an Indian telecommunications company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries, headquartered in Mumbai (Maharashtra). The company operates a national LTE network that covers all 22 telecommunications networks in the country. With over 355 million users (August 2019), it was the third largest telecommunications company in the world after China Mobile and Vodafone by user numbers and the largest in India before Bharti Airtel. Other areas in which the company operates are fiber optic networks, streaming and smartphones.
The company was registered as Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited on February 15, 2007 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. In June 2010, Reliance Industries (RIL) acquired a 95 percent stake in Infotel Broadband Services Limited (IBSL) for $ 690 million. Although unlisted, IBSL was the only company to win broadband spectrum for all 22 telecommunications circles in India in the 4G auction held earlier this year. Infotel Broadband Services Limited was renamed Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) in January 2013. In 2013, the company received the right to operate mobile services on its 4G spectrum.
In 2016 it began to aggressively expand in the Indian market with the profits of the Reliance conglomerate of Mukesh Ambani. The company commercialized its 4G cellular services on September 5, 2016. Within the first month, Jio announced that it had acquired 16 million subscribers. Jio passed 50 million subscribers in 83 days since its inception and subsequently exceeded 100 million subscribers on February 22, 2017. In 2019 the limit of 300 million subscribers was exceeded. The company is thus playing an important role in the growing spread of the mobile Internet in India. This is made possible primarily thanks to the company's low-price strategy. That is why the prices for mobile data volume on the Indian market fell enormously.
On January 25, 2016, the company presented its own smartphone under the name LYF.
In September 2019, Jio launched a fiber optic network that offers broadband, television and telephone services for households.
In February 2016, Jio announced a global alliance of mobile operators that also includes the following companies:
- ↑ Sohini Mitter: Reliance Jio crosses 355 million subscribers, net profit up 45.3 pc. October 18, 2019, accessed October 22, 2019.
- ↑RIL's Infotel Broadband Renamed Reliance Jio Infocomm - Latest News | Gadgets Now. January 31, 2013, accessed October 25, 2019.
- ↑Mukesh Ambani has made the business world’s most aggressive bet. In: The Economist. March 11, 2017, ISSN 0013-0613 (economist.com [accessed on October 22, 2019]).
- ↑Reliance Jio crosses 50 million subscriber mark in 83 days. In: The Indian Express. November 29, 2016, accessed October 25, 2019 (en-IN).
- ↑Mukesh Ambani wants to be India’s first internet tycoon. In: The Economist. January 26, 2019, ISSN 0013-0613 (economist.com [accessed on October 22, 2019]).
- ↑Dirt-cheap mobile data is a thrill for Indian consumers. In: The Economist. ISSN 0013-0613 (economist.com [accessed October 25, 2019]).
- ↑Reliance Jio & 8 Other Global Telecom Operators Forge Alliance To Expand Reach & Digital Footprint (en-US). In: Trak.in - Indian Business of Tech, Mobile & Startups, February 15, 2016.
- ↑Jio is now part of a global operator alliance including BT, Deutsche Telekom and others - Tech2 (en-US). In: Tech2, February 16, 2016.
Categories:Company (Mumbai) | Telecommunications (India) | Founded in 2007 | Telecommunications company
Status of information: 11/24/2020 12:57:46 PM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is now incorrect or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- What is the best secret park in london
- Ladies wear makeup in bed
- How would the universe sound like if
- What is double flexion
- Can covert narcissists feel depressed
- What are we all doing wrong
- How are muscle nodes affected by acupuncture
- Why doesn't my baby take a nap
- Why are VICE news journalists inept
- How can you be rich
- Why do students study ITI
- Helps heat with plantar fasciitis
- Which is the correct phrase why
- Is Tomorrowland oversubscribed
- What does cancer remission mean
- Do other countries have a second change
- How does the gatekeeper service from Facebook work
- What was the CIA doing in Benghazi
- What is geology compared to other sciences
- What is Catholic Priesthood
- How can MySQL read database files
- What are the rules for playing chess
- What would a modern fort look like?
- Video games destroy childhood