How are helicopters useful in floods?
Flood tips and informationMarch 10, 2013
The numerous storms with heavy rain in recent weeks have also caused great damage in our community area. The often relatively short thunderstorms made small brooks and rivers swell and burst their banks in a very short time. On this occasion, this article deals with preparatory measures and advice on what to do in the event of flooding.
Preparatory actionsDespite the fact that our community only recently had to experience such a flood, which surprised many people during the night, preparatory measures should be discussed again at this point.
If you live near a body of water, you can protect yourself against flooding within a certain framework through regular checks. This primarily includes reporting or repairing damage to bodies of water and bank reinforcements. Clearing debris from the stream or river bed can also contribute to this.
Residents who live in a flood-prone area can take more far-reaching measures in this case. During construction work or renovation, it can make sense to adapt the room planning to the case of danger. If structurally possible, important rooms can be set up on a higher floor.
In an endangered area, further personal precautions should be taken, for example in the event of continuous rain being announced or possible severe weather warnings. Personal provision includes:
- Have shuttering boards, panels, sandbags and possibly silicone ready for sealing
- Outsourcing of hazardous substances such as petrol cans and barrels
- Provision of blocking options for electricity and water lines
- If possible, move valuable furniture
- Supply of drinking water and food
- Mains-independent radio including batteries
- emergency lighting
- Provision of cooking facilities and a toilet
- Toiletries and medicine cabinet
- Wellington boots or waders
Impending floodIn the event of an impending danger situation, the following measures should be taken:
- Follow the current weather and flood reports
- Informing roommates of impending danger
- Sealing of doors and windows
- Securing heating systems and oil or gas tanks against floating
- Removing vehicles from the danger area
In an emergencyIn the event of danger, the following applies in any case - keep calm! In no case expose unnecessary dangers or risks! In the event of a disaster, the sirens warn of danger with certain civil defense signals. The signals mean in detail:
- 3 minutes of constant sound - warning of imminent danger, observe radio and TV instructions
- 1 minute rising and falling sound - alarm, seek protection, continue to observe radio and TV instructions
- 1 minute constant tone - all-clear, end of danger
- Turn off the electricity
- Shutting off water pipes
- If necessary, securing heating and oil / gas tanks
- Get yourself to safety
Task of the fire brigadeDuring a flood, especially when the water level rises, the main task of the fire brigade is to rescue or evacuate people. The fire brigade also helps to ward off acute dangers.
Assistance in clearing up damage can only be provided after the flood - when the water level falls. This mainly applies to pumping out basements. However, since the resources of the fire brigade are limited here too, everyone affected should help themselves as best they can.
additional InformationFurther information on the subject of floods and emergency preparedness is listed below.
- Has Sean Spicer credibility
- What are the best mexican products
- Will Messi return
- Is the sentence overrated according to your dreams
- How loud can crickets be
- Why are oceans also called seas?
- Deposits are considered to be a bank debt
- Does anyone have problems raising stepchildren?
- What is meant by place?
- Which city is now near Pompeii
- What are grabbers in attachments
- What's your best hitchhiking story
- Is Michael in the Torah
- You should avoid a pathologically envious person
- What is the time series chart
- Why is the WWE pushing for Roman rule
- Has a Mac Mini Thunderbolt 3
- What are non-aromatic compounds
- You will need a Bulk E Mailer Online Tool
- Should I stay with my girlfriend?
- Some hotels have secret rooms
- Are the people of Pakistan happy?
- What is the Ewe creativity test
- Quora becomes a pointless platform