What expands the universe
Research into the universe and matter - the ErUM framework program
"Every new idea does not come by itself, it is challenged." What Albert Einstein stated, drives the Federal Research Ministry: With its new framework program "Research into Universe and Matter ErUM" it sets research policy priorities and sets the course for scientific excellence and future technologies as well for innovation seeds and the next generation of scientists of tomorrow. In this way, basic scientific research can continue to enrich our society in the future: Because basic research provides future generations for the future. Research into particles, matter and the universe expands today's knowledge and creates the basis for the technologies of tomorrow and beyond.
The "Prism Process"
Social goals and priorities are subject to change. This also changes society's expectations of science. With the “Prisma Process”, the Federal Ministry of Research identifies future topics and demands and promotes basic research for technologies on the verge of feasibility. To this end, it observes and analyzes social developments and takes up impulses from science and society. The existing priorities are checked for relevance, topicality and priority in the “Prisma Process”, the central strategy process of the present framework program. The Federal Ministry of Research creates the link between science organizations, universities and the international research area. It convenes strategic advisory bodies, moderates trialogues between the actors and ensures broad scientific and social communication. Trialogues are designed as dialogue-oriented event formats with representatives from the international research area, scientific organizations and universities. In terms of content, the fields of activity “Landscape of Research Infrastructures”, “Networking”, “MINT Young Talent” and “Transfer and Participation” are decisive for all measures.
Research infrastructures offer unique opportunities
State-of-the-art research infrastructures are necessary for successful basic research in the fields of particles, matter and the universe - for example particle accelerators like the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), X-ray lasers like the European XFEL near Hamburg or large telescopes like the Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile . Such research infrastructures are an essential part of our science system and offer unique research opportunities.
Contribution to important social issues
By researching the smallest particles, the structure and function of matter and the universe, scientists are pushing the boundaries of our knowledge. They make contributions to important social issues. For example: What are the universe and matter made of? What are the smallest components and how do they work together? What gives materials, biomolecules and organisms their properties? How can we understand and use it? In this way, they gain fundamental knowledge and in the process sow the seeds for technical innovations. Cancer therapy, for example, or modern telecommunications are based on basic scientific research.
Intensive research secures Germany's economic future and thus the long-term prosperity of our society. Basic research uses fascinating techniques at the limit of what is feasible and generates excellent new ideas. The long-term funding of first-class basic research makes Germany an attractive location for the best researchers from all over the world.
Basic research takes a long breath
The variety of potential inventions and applications that result from basic research cannot be predicted. A long breath may be necessary: From Maxwell's equations of electrodynamics to the generation of electromagnetic waves by Heinrich Hertz to the beginning of radio technology by the pioneers Ferdinand Braun, Guglielmo Marconi and others, it was around thirty years - until then a modern cell phone or even a modern cell phone Smartphone came into existence a little over another hundred years.
- Why does hypothyroidism occur
- What is tyranny from the majority
- How is Capgemini aptitude test
- Are pictures on Instagram protected by copyright
- Who is the best faculty in NITC
- What is common to all religions
- Is modern Germany a success story for the USA?
- Is there a revolving restaurant in Calcutta
- What is the best hair salon in Jaipur
- What actually defines something as life
- Fashion is all about clothes
- What are the basic needs for cycling
- Is YU a trustworthy smartphone company
- A cactus produces oxygen
- What happens to Quora
- What do Haiti people usually eat
- Where does heaven begin and end?
- Why Invest in Atlanta, Georgia Real Estate
- What are the culture-related words
- What is wholesale Voip
- What is the capital of Bihar 6
- Jason Statham took steroids
- How is fiberglass insulation handled
- Are German cars cheaper in Germany 1
- What is a powertrain
- What's a good book on cryptography
- What makes perfectionists so imperfect
- What's in our water
- What are the best ripple wallets
- Why doesn't Apple Music support lossless audio?
- Can you schedule a slot machine
- Which business editors cover B2B social media
- Same as standard chartered credit card
- What can I feed a hermit crab