Why are friends in the distance behaving coldly
Social Life: Study Shows When You Lose Your Friends
In times of social media like Facebook everyone has a huge circle of friends and can therefore imagine themselves to be enormously popular. But how many “real” friendships do we really have? Including real exchanges in the café, hours of calling in times of crisis or daily short messages to participate in life across geographical distances?
It should be around 10 to 15 people. Because more honest than any look on social media is one in the call statistics on the mobile phone or in the SMS memory. Here they are: the real social contacts, because who, thanks to uncomplicated chat services, still has the mobile phone number, let alone a landline number?
You want to call in times when a spontaneous call is emotionally overwhelming and you ignore the ringing phone, after all, only your parents, grandparents, siblings, dearest friends, your partner and otherwise maybe the trusted therapist.
American researchers therefore wanted to know how communication behavior has changed in the age of smartphones and short messages. For their study, they evaluated the telephone data of over three million customers of a European telephone company within a year, as reported by the Washington Post newspaper. "Age and gender play a decisive role in maintaining social contacts", write the scientists in the specialist magazine "Royal Society open Science" about their research results.
“Social promiscuity” up to the age of 30
The analyzed telephone data shows that there is a kind of communication arc in every life. Twenty-year-olds indulge in “social promiscuity”, in which the number of social contacts rises to almost 20 people per month, which is the climax of the curve. As soon as the person exceeds the 30 limit, however, the personal network rapidly declines.
- Which SaaS videos are memorable and great
- What are dangerous goods regulations DGR-Pack
- Would North Korea ever attack unprovoked?
- If the temperature changes in the adiabatic process
- Who is the team behind ChoiceVendor
- How are MBBS students doing at Jipmer
- What is your opinion on QNet Business
- How do you calculate with fractional exponents
- What's your biggest Pet Peeve 2
- Is dichloromethane polar or non-polar
- How do keys work in the blues guitar
- How is the unfolding used in seismological signals
- How does anodizing increase the corrosion resistance?
- Are group projects overrated in college
- Why is logarithm difficult for many students
- How important is a bachelor's degree
- What is before the common macaw
- Why is isometric drawing important
- What are your real opinions on Spotify
- Is it possible to manipulate the digital odometer?
- What is the manufacture of metal sulfate
- What apps are spyware
- Is Heisenberg's principle of uncertainty falsifiable
- Which artist sang the song Kookie Kookie
- What are the best conversations with wrong numbers
- Where can we use silicone rubbers
- What is the real answer of 2x2
- Why is Russia supporting
- Can I buy TRON on Coinbase
- Who is the Facebook owner
- Who invented the turntable?
- What makes literature timeless