Would you recommend any Ab Soul albums
The 100 best soul albums of all time
21.11.2012 – 16:39
"What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye is the best soul album of all time. This is the result of a 50-member jury made up of music critics, producers and artists who created a ranking list for the German edition of ROLLING STONE. Marvin Gaye's epoch-making Motown recording from 1971 won by far ahead of Curtis Mayfield ("Curtis"), Otis Redding ("Otis Blue"), Al Green ("I'm Still In Love With You") and Stevie Wonder ("Songs In The Key Of Life "). With the most individual titles, Aretha Franklin (five) and Curtis Mayfield (six) are represented in the list.
Michael Jackson's anniversary album at number 38
The best-selling album of all with around 100 million copies to date, Michael Jackson's "Thriller", landed slightly behind at number 38. The most style-defining record of the 80s is celebrating its 30th birthday this month. On this occasion, the German ROLLING STONE had the entire album re-recorded - by selected bands and artists such as Joan As Police Woman from Canada, Gravenhurst from London or Erobique from Hamburg. The latter had the chorus of the title song sung by a children's choir. "Thriller recovered" is included in the December issue.
One issue with four cover pictures
The December issue of ROLLING STONE is dedicated to soul and appears with four different cover pictures with oil portraits of soul stars designed by the American illustrator Roberto Parada.
For the full text and other issues please contact:
Birgit Fuß, [email protected], Tel. 030 - 30881 88108
Original content by: ROLLING STONE, transmitted by news aktuell
- Obama works
- Why are Amazon's websites so overloaded
- Do you want to be a cat?
- Why do people generally fear the unknown
- How are the fans of the San Francisco Giants
- What is an Appendix K.
- Why does my VPN keep getting disconnected
- What is a revaluation of working capital
- What is Duolingo about
- What's a nit in Denmark
- What are some campaigns made by PFLAG
- Which is more popular SolidWorks or CATIA
- What is it like to be an accountant?
- What is the pH for sour milk
- Are objects dynamic or static in Python
- Psychopaths have low levels of dopamine
- How does DevExpress
- Which person is making your blood boil
- What is the most profitable startup industry
- How to write an introverted character
- How is a pointer initialized
- How do bacteria develop resistance to bacteriophages
- What are some of Chegg's international competitors
- What is Libvirt on Linux